Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

My Girls Bike Decals, Need Your Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 05:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Girls Bike Decals, Need Your Help

Well, I am working on some decals for my girls bike because she is is wanting all the red decals in pink, So, so far, I have dont that. I got some pictures below .

But now, I was wondering if anyone knew where I could pick up some hot pink pinstripe. I checked eBay - Failed, Advanced Auto - Failed, AutoZone - Failed, etc etc. So if anyone knows where I can get some HOT PINK PINSTRIPE, please let me know, because it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Here is what I have done so far.

Name:  DSCI0001.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  25.5 KB

Name:  DSCI0003.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  28.5 KB

Name:  SidePink.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  31.5 KB

Sorry some are blurry, I had the flash off because it turned themorange, and I cant keep my hand steady. But if you know where I can get the pinstriping, please let me know, Thanks

Old 03-19-2007, 05:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: My Girls Bike Decals, Need Your Help

did those auto places carry many choices at all? i know napa has all kinds of pinstriping, not sure if its all available in store though. ill see if i cant find something for ya.

Old 03-19-2007, 05:27 PM

here is one i found....

http://www.levacsupply.com/products/...categoryid=841

71.7233872338-3M-5/16"X150'-PINSTRIPE HOT PINK

not quite sure how to order it though, probably have to call them....its a 3M product, so it should be available through more of their distributors.

EDIT: i just checked 3Ms site and they suck for listing info...didnt list anything helpful since they make almost everything imaginable. i do however know Napa does carry **** loads of 3M stuff (my pops works their), so you might want to check with them, and ask about their DC.

Old 03-19-2007, 05:32 PM

No, they didnt have a huge amount of choices. They had the black, silver, gold, blue, and red. That's it. I dont have a Napa around me either.

Thanks for the link man!!! I guess I will try to figure out how to order it from him! Thanks again!

Old 03-19-2007, 05:34 PM

D2 - Got an idea for ya, don't know if it's exactly what you're looking for but here it is anyways:
Go and check out Tapeworks.com They've got a couple shades of "magenta" or "bubble gum pink" (both metallic and solid I believe). Then you've got a couple choices: Either order rim stripe in those colors or order an entire sheet of it and cut your own pin stripes.

Just an idea, hope this helps ya bro.

Old 03-19-2007, 05:35 PM

nick...your camera skills are still ever so awful! muahahahh

Old 03-19-2007, 05:37 PM

i know this is going to sound weird but how about a tint shop .. soem of the better ones use a lot of vinly grafix ..hell even kinkos when i worked there i worked in sign and banner and we had hella chooses for vinly if all eles fails ..

Old 03-19-2007, 05:37 PM

no prob. i was looking at napaonline and they had alot more choices, but i always hated that site too, have to click on the title to see the color....so boo to that. but while i have been looking for this i have seen several reflective pin striping, thinking about putting some on there. would look wicked if you all these guys striping their rides used reflective, lights up like madness.

Old 03-19-2007, 05:40 PM
Retired Moderator

if you can find them premade it'll be much cheaper but if you don't find any and really want them go to any local sign shop .. they will have it and cut out as much as you want at whatever thickness/size you want. when at our fastsigns shop we used to do that for peeps all the time but because stripes use up so much of the roll material, it cost more than regular decals but it still wasn't that bad .. but check for premade ones first.
p.s. the stabilization feature on my camera is da sheit .. haha

Old 03-19-2007, 05:47 PM

See, I own a vinyl business, so I can cut out my own stuff and what not, I just dont want to have to spend $40 on some vinyl I am only going to use 5/16" of an inch of, know what I mean???? I guess I will keep looking and if worst comes to worst, I will order that stuff from Canada that RRasco found. I just wanted to find automotive pnstripe because it will be a alot easier to manuver and bend than normal vinyl will. But thanks for your ideas guys!!! If any of you guys have it buy you let me know. Thanks for all the help!!!!!

Quick Reply: My Girls Bike Decals, Need Your Help