Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

My Friday Night

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 04:19 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default My Friday Night

well, i was a lil conflicted about whether or not i should have started this thread. not because i wasn't sure about how well it would be recieved, because you guys are awesome, but i didn't know if it would be hurting the case or not.

last night, my employees and i at our family store were robbed at gunpoint...

Suspects sought in Love Boat Ice Cream robbery - ABC-7.com WZVN News for Fort Myers, Cape Coral & Naples, Florida

no one got hurt. everyone was fine for the most part. one of the employees was a lil shooken up, but nothing out of the norm. we all were to some extent

its the first time i've ever been robbed during work. and the first time ever at gunpoint. it really sucked. but i just got news from the detectives that they've gotten confession and apology (first time i've heard of those) letters from the two suspects.

they were ex employees of ours from a few years ago.

but it just goes to show, that the system worked. the cameras worked along with the evidence that the csi team was able to recover apparently to get a positive id on the suspects. the police were on the scene in a couple of minutes after i called it in.

needless to say, last night wasn't a very good night for me. i didn't sleep too well. but i'm really relieved now that they've been caught.

just venting, but man, it really pissed me off that people rob others. whats the point? these guys are looking at 25 - life now because of the firearm they used. for what? these guys weren't obviously going to live off this money the rest of their lives. and there were customers in the store. it was a huge family with kids.

it really bothers me. i just wanted to vent. anyone else ever go through something like this?

Old 07-16-2011, 04:23 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow Conrice! Glad you are all ok!

Old 07-16-2011, 04:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad your ok man!

There's a lot of cases that you can look at and see that cameras do work! Multiple cameras... I'm a strong believe in them... You can see where cameras are... But if you have them well placed it doesn't matter if they see them or not... They are going to get caught...

Luckily no one was hurt.

If you don't mind me asking... What kind of gun was it?

Old 07-16-2011, 06:23 PM

it was a pump-action shotgun

Old 07-16-2011, 06:28 PM

Yeah... That guys going to be Locked up for a while...Idiots....

Old 07-16-2011, 06:57 PM

I don't have a lot of sympathy for the two idiots that held you up. They obviously had little regard for you, your employees, and customers safety. Thankfully nobody was hurt or seriously injured.
The legal system needs to deliver more than just a slap on the wrist for their actions.
I hope all the victims of this crime recover their ability to enjoy the freedoms and liberties your country offers without fear.
Sorry you had to endure this difficult day, and may you put it behind you quickly. Tom.

Old 07-16-2011, 07:07 PM

They'll be getting their shot guns pumped plenty in the pen. Glad they were caught and no one was seriously hurt. I was robbed once at gun point and once by 2 guys with claw hammers, it kind of makes you paranoid for the rest of your life... lol

Old 07-16-2011, 07:26 PM

The problem with our system is that penalties are not severe enough. Thieves see it as "what do I have to loose?"

Best case they get away and do it again.
Worst case they do a few years in jail living better than our military in the field.

I say cut a hand off per incident.... eventually a guy can't commit the crime anymore (hard to hold a gun with no hands....)

Old 07-16-2011, 07:47 PM

Sorry to hear that bro, go start the project bike and just stare at it, seems to work for me. And about punishment......it is Florida, the same state that let a child killer out. Maybe they'll get probation at the most. Got to love Florida....

Old 07-16-2011, 08:31 PM

its just crazy, it was 2 brothers. the oldest (24) is the one that worked for us. he has a pretty big wrap sheet now, and here's the craziest part - he got out of prison on a court regulated release on july 5th!

and i mis-spoke earlier. they both didn't work for us. only the older one did. however, a month ago, the younger one did turn an application.

anyways, the younger one recently turned 18. i guess the older brother must have convinced him to do it.

Quick Reply: My Friday Night