Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

My first crash... Ouch...

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 11:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first crash... Ouch...

So I am leaving the parkinglot yesterday after getting gas, as I lean to turn out I hit oil. Back tire came out from under me slamming me down on my right shoulder and knee. I was doing about 20MPH or so bike slid across the driveway only minor scuffs and scratches to the bike (frame sliders saved it) me on the other hand, I didn't fair so well. I tore up my shoulder pretty good, the joint it about 2" lower than it should be, doc at the ER said it should heal up on it's own in a few weeks. Knee is also pretty banged up, good news is I didn't even touch my helmet to the ground, the other good news is my riding jacket did it's job. The only rash I got was a little spot on my knee, my jacket is destroyed but my skin is intact.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE even if you are just going to a friends house 2 blocks away wear your gear!!! I literaly rode across the street from work and ate it! I would have been in a lot worse condition if not for my gear!!!

Old 04-04-2007, 11:15 PM
Retired Administrator
Default RE: My first crash... Ouch...

I'm glad to hear you're ok... thanks for sharing.

Old 04-04-2007, 11:15 PM
Banned

Yes wear you gear...

And always always always watch the road for ANY wetspots. You're not being a good rider if you don't. Don't be one of those morons I see all the time riding through every mud puddle they can find comepletely oblivious to it's potential danger.

Glad you're okay, pay more attention!

Old 04-04-2007, 11:23 PM

Glad your ok but that still sucks

Old 04-04-2007, 11:25 PM

Man, that really sucks.[]

Glad to hear that you are basically OK and the bike isn't too bad. What brand of jacket were you wearing?

Old 04-06-2007, 12:41 AM

Man, that sucks. At least you're ok and will be back on soon (if not already).

I'm thinking of wearing my normal gear then wrapping myself in like 2 feet thick pads and bubble wrap. Kind of like one of those "bear proof" suits

Old 04-06-2007, 12:53 AM

Yeah, I know how that feels like. Only crashed twice, both low speed low-sides. First one was pretty harsh, I was squidding in a parking lot on my first try on my old '99 CBR600. Took me about a month to heal, still have all the battle scars from that incident. Second time wasn't too bad, just a bit sore but this time I was all geared up. Yes, it makes a huge difference when you have gear on! Always wear it! And be frikkin' careful for those oily spots on the road!