Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

My Crazy Story

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 06:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Crazy Story

So I decide to hit up my backyard track as I like to call it, or simply highway 74. Anyway the ride starts out nice. Everything is in synch, the roads are dirt less, and traffic is at a minimal. I get to a nice sweeping left hander (I’m going up) that happens to be my favorite. If you look at my sig, it’s the turn furthest on the left. I approach at roughly 80, 3rd gear, ready to go. I hit the late entry target perfect. The bike is leaning and leaning and everything is feeling perfect. All of the sudden, my knee feels like it just got shot. I didn’t panic though, and kept in the turn. If I would have backed off the throttle at that angle, some **** would have gone down. Anyway I knew I drug my knee as soon as I got the bike back to straight position. I continue slowly to the turnoff and inspect. There is a big *** hole in my jeans and a nice perfect circle road rash on the lower left side of my knee. Yay, ouch, yay, ouch. I drug a knee, but ouch, in jeans. I felt good, and like an idiot. I turn around and slowly go back down the mountain to head home. I’m about 5 minutes away from home when suddenly I feel like the bike is going to wash from under me. I slow way down and get in the turn lane as soon as I could. I look down, and I have a flat tire. You gotta be ****ting me. Anyway I make the left and pull off to the side of the road. I call AAA, but apparently I don’t have the extra bike insurance like I though I did. Well I do now to say the least. After I hung up with them, I call a local tow company. They wanted 100 ****ing dollars to tow me less and five minutes. **** all that nonsense. I call my sister who is at home and she comes and meets me where I’m stranded. I slowly, and I mean 10 mph slowly; ride the bike the rest of the way home. I figure I need new tires anyway, and I won’t be riding fast enough for rim damage (I’m still going to get it inspected though). So I finally make it home and call it a day. The interesting part is, if I hadn’t had scraped my knee on the drag, I would have hauled *** down again, with that flat tire. That would have been a nasty situation indeed. Lesson learned. I need full leathers if I am going to ride like that from now on, and I am going to check my tires every time I get back on the bike.

Old 04-11-2007, 06:57 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: My Crazy Story

ORIGINAL: gofasteRR

Anyway I make the left and pull off to the side of the road. I call AAA, but apparently I don’t have the extra bike insurance like I though I did. Well I do now to say the least. After I hung up with them, I call a local tow company. They wanted 100 ****ing dollars to tow me less and five minutes.
Not sure what that's about. I have the standard $35/yr AAA card and it includes towing bikes (which I've had done b4 and is the main reason I got the card to begin with). Did you have some type of lower plan that I'm not aware of?

Old 04-11-2007, 07:04 PM

sha, i had to have my bike towed after the mechanics forgot to put jet #3 back in, and it was $125, only 2 miles away. no, i wasnt pushing it, i had already pushed it a couple miles in the previous weeks.

Old 04-11-2007, 07:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Kewl Breeze

ORIGINAL: gofasteRR

Anyway I make the left and pull off to the side of the road. I call AAA, but apparently I don’t have the extra bike insurance like I though I did. Well I do now to say the least. After I hung up with them, I call a local tow company. They wanted 100 ****ing dollars to tow me less and five minutes.
Not sure what that's about. I have the standard $35/yr AAA card and it includes towing bikes (which I've had done b4 and is the main reason I got the card to begin with). Did you have some type of lower plan that I'm not aware of?

hmmm...wierd, as far as i know AAA doesnt tow bikes at all...

ive got HRCA's roadside assistance

Old 04-11-2007, 07:11 PM

Yeah I just checked, its an extra 30 a year for special coverage. Needless to say I got it.

Old 04-11-2007, 07:27 PM

oh ya, btw,thats a pretty sick road.

Old 04-12-2007, 02:30 PM

oh ya, btw,thats a pretty sick road.

Old 04-12-2007, 04:24 PM

where do you live?