Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

My CBR got me my dream Job today!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 02:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My CBR got me my dream Job today!

You're right, of course. Always look on the bright side of life! I rode fifty miles today, going to every hotel, restaraunt and country club in the ville, filling out applications, with damn few resultantprospects. At the end of the day I met a guy in the meat dept. of the grocery store who runs a tree thinning business and I start tomorrow, dropping pine trees with a chainsaw that has the same horsepower as my CBR1000!
When I joined this forum six months ago(is that all?) I was a "Bird in a gilded cage" and had everything money could buy, but I was miserable. Now I have nothing, but at least I'm less than miserable. Call me cheerful. In another six months, I should be happy. I've sent away for the Ski Patroller books, and will need to average five hours of study per day before the test in October, to pass the test and get certified. So what if it takes three seasons to get a paying position, right? By setting a valid, attainablegoal and pursuing it, I've achieved some measure of self-worth, and you can't buy that. I've got my bike, my wolf, and my son (on weekends). Even though I'm alone and broke, I've attained a measure of self-respect, and that was missing six months ago. From now on, if I've nothing nice to say, I'll say nothing, although I may be silent for some time. The Niners won a game tonight! Pax,G.