Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

My 1st Day Of MSF!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 08:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 1st Day Of MSF!!

Today at 6:00 eastern time I will be attending my 1st class of MSF. I can barely contain myself I'm so excited, Ive been waiting for this day since october. It suppost to rain on saturday when I have to actually get on a bike but I dont give a damn I'll learn in 30 degree weather if they want me to lol! Wish me luck guys hopefully soon I'll be a 100% member of the cbr forums riding my new 03 RR.

Old 03-31-2006, 09:29 AM
Default RE: My 1st Day Of MSF!!

Well Mel, I am in the same boat, today is going to be MY first day of MSF too. I'll in New Hamoshire taking mine. Let me know how your first day goes. And I have also been waiting since october time frame to take it, my girlfriend took hers last year and had a good time with it met a few friend we ride with. It really is a great course, best of luck to you! [sm=burnout.gif]

Old 03-31-2006, 12:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

make sure you grind the pegs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-31-2006, 02:50 PM

ORIGINAL: rrasco

make sure you grind the pegs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unless you have a D*** of an instructor, like i did... But you'll will have fun and learn alot of good stuff. Honestly alot of that info helped me stay out of situations where if i didn't know about safety i would have been kissing the pavement... Good luck and don't be scared to try to scrape the pegs... Your instructor might try to tell you something but inside he is really impressed....

Old 04-01-2006, 11:10 AM

I enjoyed my class. I had never riden a bike in my life and I didn't know what to expect. I got a great instructor and it was a good experience. I like the things that they teach you. Wish they would do things at highway speeds but I imagine for liability they can't. Best of luck with your class.

Old 04-01-2006, 03:46 PM

how about an update?!? how did it go??

Old 04-01-2006, 04:34 PM

were you doing the classroom portion or the range-riding portion of the class? the classroom sessions are a little dull, but important nonetheless. The riding sessions are a blast though. like josho66, that was my first time ever riding a motorcycle and i had a great time. i'd say the most difficult part for me was doing the figure-8 in the parking space. that was kinda difficult

Old 04-02-2006, 06:55 PM

If you have any riding experience it will be a BREEZE. The main instructor of mine was a cool guy, the guy in training to become an instructor was a complete D***Head. The main instructor would compliment me for leanin low and takin the corner faster then 10mph like the rest(was in third) the intraining guy would pull me aside and say slow it down etc etc. In the end passed with a 100% on the riding portion and a 96%on the written. There is some very helpful info in the class so pay attention!!

Old 04-02-2006, 07:16 PM

i learn everything from trial and error and have been riding on and off for about a year and never been to a single course in motorcycle driving...

Old 04-03-2006, 02:06 PM

Well after a long time riding I finished up my riders course this weekend, really fun class lots for laughing and stuff like that. Yes someone did dump a bike there is usually one in every calls and no it was not me! :P

anyway, got through it no problem and I would recommend it to anyone wheather or not they have been riding for a while or not.

Hey Melantus hoiw'd you make out?