Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

*mutter* East Coast snowstorm

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 06:25 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default *mutter* East Coast snowstorm

Philadelphia (and pretty much every area around it) is under a winter storm warning. 12 - 20 inches of snow by 7 pm tomorrow night.

A PennDOT spokeman released a statement: "We are fully prepared to deal with the coming snow emergency. Salt, sand and slurry trucks are on full standby, fully prepared to cover every centirmeter of the roads to melt the snow and ice as quickly as possible. We also expect the public to gain extra traction from the parts of any motorcycles and mopeds stupidly enough to be ridden on our patented 'Two Wheel Ice' formula"

Weather.com recommends full frontal lobotomies for anyone expecting to ride a bike in the next 2 weeks.

I hate the North

Old 02-05-2010, 07:53 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
We also expect the public to gain extra traction from the parts of any motorcycles and mopeds stupidly enough to be ridden on our patented 'Two Wheel Ice' formula"

Weather.com recommends full frontal lobotomies for anyone expecting to ride a bike in the next 2 weeks.
Im just gonna guess you added that part. haha. It wouldnt be so bad if it werent moving slower than a nematode.

Old 02-05-2010, 07:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are going through it right now. They think we could get another 7-10" on Monday and Tuesday. I love the winter. Widetrack Baja A/T's for the win.

Old 02-05-2010, 08:19 PM
Administrator - Retired

We're getting hit right now, too, Kuro.
My sis was supposed to come out from Philly but she canceled.
I was supposed to be off work tomorrow, too, but I'm guessing that my back up guy isn't gonna cover for me now....lol.
Maybe I'll get off on sunday, tho.

Snow sucks, but hell..... I don't really care. I've got a 5sp Jeep.

Old 02-05-2010, 08:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

put ya leathers on n grab the trashcan lid

Old 02-05-2010, 08:28 PM

Asked around the office. If the projections are even vaguely accurate, the office will be empty tomorrow morning. Nobody is willing to risk their lives and property so a few people can have HBO

Last time it hit in Dec, the normal 20 minute trip from work to home took 3 1/2 hours of 5 mph sliding. I'm driving the gf's Beetle. My F3 stands a better chance against snow than something with the clearance of a Porsche and the power of a Golf Cart

Old 02-05-2010, 10:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we're looking at around 30 inches......I have a steep hill and a snowboard, I'm set.

Old 02-06-2010, 08:30 AM
Administrator - Retired

Well, I'm at work. My assumption was correct, and the guy that was supposed to cover me called this morning. The conversation went something like "Dylan, I don't think I can make it.... waaah waaah", and I said "You ****in' *****"...... and hung up....

We have maybe 20" atm, but with winds and drifting it's over my jeep in some places. I got buried and had to dig myself out of my driveway twice this morning just to start my 20mile hike, and I couldn't get into the office to clock in at all.

Soooo... I plowed the jeep down to the maintenance building snowblind, and now I'm warming up the front end loader because I won't be able to get out of here without it.
My Harley riding co-workers are nowhere to be found.... LOL... (Buncha sissys... no offense stretcherman... )
I even tried to call one of 'em and he's not answering.
I really don't want to plow by myself all day. ****ers.

So Kuro, how's my brother to the east holding up??

Oh, btw... anyone who says some chit like "Well, it's sunny and 70 here right now!!" is gonna get smacked in the nuts with a snow shovel.

Old 02-06-2010, 09:08 AM

Woke up at my normal 5 am. Called the Weather Status hotline (# for work which tells if the offices are closing). Listened to the message from Jan 30th. Called the Callout Hotline.

It'd take at least an hour to dig the car out, the streets aren't plowed and visibility at 5 am was ****. They don't pay me enough to contemplate suicide

Quick Reply: *mutter* East Coast snowstorm