Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

musician itch......

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 01:00 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: musician itch......

What you should do is what I still do. Go to the local music store and play all of their stuff. Al least you get temporary satisfaction, and you don't have to buy anything. Make it a habit and they should be pretty cool to you when you come in for your drool sessions.

Old 12-08-2008, 01:30 PM

thats a good idea except that i need to "practice" right now im sure i suck, and wouldnt wanna put anyone through hearing me play anything lol.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:34 PM
Retired Moderator

Hayden...when you go to the music store, screw whoever is in there. It is all about you getting your rocks off for twenty minutes . My son has a bass package that I bought him two years ago that he NEVER plays. I will see if I can buy it back from him. If you want to pay me upfront for shipping, maybe we can talk terms on the bass and amp part (something really easy for you). It is an Ibanez rig. Pm me if you are interested and we can figure out all the details, and I can see if my son even wants to get rid of it.

Old 12-09-2008, 12:38 PM

PM's sent.....

Old 12-09-2008, 12:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Forum love, it's a great thing!!!!

Old 12-09-2008, 12:44 PM

Heh.. oregon -> maine.. I'd imagine you could find yourself a cheap amp for the same price as the shipping on that amp alone.

My brother has a bass amp that you can hook headphones into.. it's callled a pocket rockit.. I think they just run 15 bucks but they get the job done if you just want to mess around with a bass.. I'm sure you can find a cheap bass on craigslist like the other man said.. or a used bass at a store. Might be able to get what ya need for less than you'd think.

Old 12-09-2008, 01:11 PM

ORIGINAL: thisismyacct

Heh.. oregon -> maine.. I'd imagine you could find yourself a cheap amp for the same price as the shipping on that amp alone.

My brother has a bass amp that you can hook headphones into.. it's callled a pocket rockit.. I think they just run 15 bucks but they get the job done if you just want to mess around with a bass.. I'm sure you can find a cheap bass on craigslist like the other man said.. or a used bass at a store. Might be able to get what ya need for less than you'd think.
yeah but if voodoo hooks me up with a good deal that would work for me, it would be much better off than paying full price at a store. plus up here in maine there is ONE music store within 40 miles of my house, and its nortoriously high priced, and has stuck up people working there.

also the Ibanez bass that voodoo listed is EXACTLY what i was considering....its nice bass, and a small amp is all i need right now.......wait, why am i defending this???????