Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Music or No Music

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005 | 02:52 PM
Default RE: Music or No Music

If I had music playing, I wouldn't "hear" it, I'd be too busy paying attention to my riding. There's times in my car when I don't "hear" the music, too.

Old 12-29-2005 | 04:22 PM

ORIGINAL: pirateoftheCBRRRRR

I love music when I ride, Umm Pit sorry to say it but you use your eyes when you ride not your ears, engine noise and helmet block most but i rely on my eyes to scan all threts, Always be aware of your sorroundings.
My list includes bon jovie bad religion misfits **** oldies all the way to now, But my favorite is thursday, Rise against and linkin park's
"I tried so hard"

It's that I prefer to hear things....do you hear horns and stuff with ear phones in? NO! I rather not listen to it and as it has been said....I rather be 100% there, not 90% there or whatever. I've given it the benefit of the doubt, but it doesn't suit me....that is all!

Old 12-29-2005 | 04:32 PM

ORIGINAL: mininsx

If I had music playing, I wouldn't "hear" it, I'd be too busy paying attention to my riding. There's times in my car when I don't "hear" the music, too.

+1 on that one, when i consentrate out goe the background sounds.

Old 12-29-2005 | 06:14 PM
|
Retired Administrator

can I start a thread without starting a fight..... keep it up girls and you'll force me to open up with the momma jokes....

Old 12-29-2005 | 06:29 PM
Retired Mod

im one of the people that voted yes to the poll and i do listen to music. but the earbuds are not in my ears and the sound is low enough to hear over. if im pushing it or riding with friends, i dont even take the mp3 player. but when im commuting the 35 miles back and forth to work down the horribly strait rural highways, ive got the music going. and the player is in the tankbag so i can reach it and turn it down when i get to high traffic areas with crossroads and stoplights. and i too used the oakley thumps from time-to-time. but they didn't fit under the helmet. yes i used to ride without a helmet (no helmet law here). till my friend got in a wreck and suffered brain damage from lack of helmet. hes fine now but that was the end of the thumps while riding.

Old 12-30-2005 | 12:06 AM

When I'm on my bike, it's usually to get away, clear my mind, or het some curves, so I don't lisen to music when I ride. I love hearing that 2 brothers pop after I get off the throttle.

Old 12-30-2005 | 10:36 AM

I just got an MP3 player, a little behind I know. I dont think I will ride with it though. I like the idea of hearing things so +1 to those that say no while riding.

Old 12-30-2005 | 12:42 PM

I just don't hear the safety in riding with music.

Old 01-06-2006 | 12:46 PM
Banned

I'll go a step further, I don't even want to hear the exhaust from my bike, the other mechanical sounds (gears, chain,etc) are music enough. Now the exhaust rumble from a Big Block Chevy as it comes on cam is another story....

Old 01-06-2006 | 06:31 PM

I have always road without music but recently I have thought about getting an ipod because I don't know about any of you but I can't hear SH_T but the engine when I am riding on the highway or interstate. In local traffic I can bairley hear the traffic around me.

Quick Reply: Music or No Music