Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

MSF schedule out friday

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 05:00 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MSF schedule out friday

For beginners, most states provide the bikes for you. They are cruisers. It's not the same bike at all and in most states, unless you take the advanced course, you are riding a cruiser.

So... it makes much more sense, if you are a new rider, take the beginner course. You're not going to have any habits from the sportbike bothering you.

If you're got experience, just go to the DMV and get it. Get the MSF for you and for insurance drops later.

You're best bet is to find out if they provide you with the bike for the beginners course. If they do, it isn't an option, you'll be riding a cruiser.

Old 02-26-2007, 05:09 PM

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

For beginners, most states provide the bikes for you. They are cruisers.
Yeah, most of the bikes they had for my MSF in CO were cruisers but I was lucky and got one of the two "dirt bikes" they had there. Was much closer to a sport bike then then the tiny crusers they had. But either way, was MUCH easier to take it on a 125 then a 1000.

MDFF

Old 02-26-2007, 05:15 PM

ORIGINAL: woodyracing

why don't ya'll just go to the DMV and take the written and riding tests??????????
the MSF course is still a great idea but if you already know how to ride well enough to be out riding around then you should be able to pass the test pretty easily, just to be legal and all, right???
When I took my road test there were grown *** men in their late forties early fifties there.They said they were riding for years but just decided to got get legit. All of them cruiser guys.

Old 02-26-2007, 06:36 PM

Yeah, they provide a 250cc cursier at the one I'm going to. If i could get on a 250 bike i would take it up to the DMV and test on it but I wont be able to make the kind of turns they're gonna make me do on my CBR. Weren't the tests designed for a smaller bike anyways?

Old 02-26-2007, 06:41 PM

I think that the MSF should be state sponsered and it should be available easier for people trying to do the right thing.

Old 02-26-2007, 06:51 PM

im registering on the 28th so i can get my license. i tried goign to the dmv passed the written gettign only 1 wrong and the ride was freakin hard. I passed the first part which was go in a circle and stop so the front wheel is in the box and not on the line, that was easy. The middle part was the slalom, well here on my F4i was a challange, i put my foot down twice and the back wheel on the last cone didnt clear and i also misunderstood the bitch cause she told me go between the red and yellow line and than turn but there was no way of makign the turn without hittign the red line and going on the yellow, so she failed me for that. The last part is a break test which is simple.

Old 02-26-2007, 07:23 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

ORIGINAL: BlindinOrange

I think that the MSF should be state sponsered and it should be available easier for people trying to do the right thing.
yes !!!!! i totally agree ! why do they make it so damn hard for people to do the right thing ! and then they wonder why sm many of us dont bother to get our licenses !

Old 02-26-2007, 07:50 PM

Not sure if its like this anywhere elsa but in texas if you take the msf course and pass they give you a certificate and when you go to the dmv you only take the writen exam.the course is 165.00

Old 02-26-2007, 09:00 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

thats how it is here in cali but if your 21+ its $235 is your >21 then i believe its only $150.. and yes if you pass the msf they give you a waiver on your dmv drive test.

Old 02-26-2007, 09:06 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Mstngdrew232

Yeah, they provide a 250cc cursier at the one I'm going to. If i could get on a 250 bike i would take it up to the DMV and test on it but I wont be able to make the kind of turns they're gonna make me do on my CBR. Weren't the tests designed for a smaller bike anyways?
I love slow speed stuff. My rear brake pads and rotor has been paying the price too - that stuff is fun!

Quick Reply: MSF schedule out friday