Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

MSF Course

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 07:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MSF Course

so i just complete my MSF course (its called MSD here) by ABATE of Indiana and i have to say that it is TOTALLY worth the 75 bucks that itcosts here. I feel much more confident now and feel like ive really learned alot in the past weekend. i also saw some of my bad habits (like leaving my index finger on the throttle and braking with the other three fingers). so anyone who was thinking about taking one, i would def. recommend it (as everyone who has ever been through the course will say)

although i was the only sport bike rider there, everyone else either had harleys or honda shadows. one guy had a katana, but idk if that would be considered a sport bike, lol.

anyway, i was the youngest, and like i said the only sport bike, and the trainers were very impressed with me.
i got 100% on the written test, and perfect on my riding test. i'm not tryin to brag or anything, i was just proud because i was the youngest, and im a sportbike rider. i know how alot of harley riders look at sport bike riders, so i was glad that i at least showed them that we can be skilled riders, and not just squids who want to go fast.

anyway, i just feel way safer and more aware on the road now, and i feel that i have the knowledge to know how to react if somethin unforseen were to happen and i definately think anyone who hasnt been through a class should definately sign up as soon as possible. it may sound expensive but if u pay attention and really try to learn, it is def worth more than anything else u would spend the money on (unless thats a helmet, lol)

Old 04-28-2008, 08:21 PM
Default RE: MSF Course

I found it funny you had to say you were the only sportbike rider 3 times. Congrats, I take my class this weekend, it was supposed to be this last weekend but damn snow killed that idea. I wish my class was only $75.

Old 04-28-2008, 08:38 PM
Retired Administrator

Well... my class was free. If you're military, they make you take the class before you are allowed to ride on a base, so they pay for it.

My class was about half sport bikes. They had one of the instructors on a full dresser BMW zip through the course as a demo. Freaking wow. he fliped that thing around like a huffy and never came close to making a mistake. Sport bikes are a little harder to do with our higher forward riding position. Well, for some it is. You should be proud of your results. Out of the 12 bikes in my class, they only held two riders back for remediation training, both on sport bikes and claimed riding for a couple of years. They just couldn't make the box.

Old 04-28-2008, 08:39 PM

Overrated. Congrats none the less though. I just passed my roadtest today in the pouring rain and 50* temps[:@]

Old 04-28-2008, 08:53 PM

im in the middle of taking mine right now. just finished the first week. it has alot of good points and has pointed out some things that i was doing wrong also. here in pa its free. but no matter what the cost is in any state i would strongly recommend that everyone should take it. especially new riders like myself.

Old 04-28-2008, 10:52 PM

+1 Don.

Free for me too!!

Old 04-28-2008, 11:19 PM

i just finished mine through "Learning Curves." They also have a racing school. So now all i have to do is go to the DMV, take the temp test, show them the waiver and bam i got my motorcycle license! lol.

Old 04-29-2008, 02:35 AM

I paid like $150 two years ago. Well worth the training.

Old 04-29-2008, 04:59 AM
Banned

so i just complete my MSF course (its called MSD here) by ABATE of Indiana
Isn't that ironic that ABATE is running a safety class when they are the ones that lobby against laws requiring helmets?

That is kinda like putting me in charge of guarding thevirtue of ice-cream covered virgins.

Old 04-29-2008, 05:02 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

so i just complete my MSF course (its called MSD here) by ABATE of Indiana
Isn't that ironic that ABATE is running a safety class when they are the ones that lobby against laws requiring helmets?

That is kinda like putting me in charge of guarding thevirtue of ice-cream covered virgins.

you crack me up at times ..lol

Jules