Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Msf

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 10:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Msf

so i booked my course for next month since it was so backed up.. im kinda excited.. what didnt everyone think of theirs? and what should i expect??

Old 06-04-2011, 12:26 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Highly recommend it for any rider. The MSF Courses are extremely benefical & a great start to learning. Along w/ learning practical motorcycle exercises such as basic maneuvers & technique, you'll learn safety & responsibility. Once completed, build upon what you've learned & ride your own ride.

Old 06-04-2011, 01:40 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

+1 MSF. Taken both courses, BRC & ERC. The BRC was fun since I had previous experience (just needed to remember). Knowing you can dump someone else's bike gives a lot of learning freedom. The ERC is done on your own bike, which can get a little harrowing. But if you took the BRC, the ERC shows just how far you've progressed. And its highly entertaining too. Especially if you land a class where guy who need a class for their license are there on their shiny new liters

Old 06-04-2011, 04:02 PM

So far it's sounding very beneficial

Old 06-04-2011, 05:57 PM

No idea - never took it. Certainly can't hurt!!! Enjoy!!

Old 06-04-2011, 06:54 PM
MZ5

I took a class from Idaho STAR, which is extremely similar to MSF. It was their beginner class for those with dirt bike experience (so they assumed you already knew how to work the throttle, shift, etc.). I found it very good and useful. A review in some ways, but a good review, and solid new material (for a first-time street-biker) in others.

I recommend such a class to all riders or prospective riders. Enjoy it!

Old 06-04-2011, 08:23 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

the courses are a great opportunity to practice low-speed maneuvers in a safe environment, some of which can be quite challenging on a sportbike. good stuff to help get in tune with your balance points and throttle control.
and some states accept successful completion of certain MSF courses as qualification for your mc endorsement.

Old 06-04-2011, 09:27 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go into it with humility. If you're at all familiar with riding, they'll be telling you stuff you already know and even stuff that may not make sense, but it all adds up in the end. I took it after riding 2 years overseas... I still learned a lot about riding safely in public and it was actually fun tossing those tiny 125s around in a parking lot for a couple days.