Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Mountain Lion Hunting

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 11:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mountain Lion Hunting

If I was a bear, and I saw that dog coming, I would say "Fawk you dog, I'm a bear", and swat it away ..... JK.

Any particular reason you killed a mountain lion?!?!?!?!?

Old 01-10-2007, 11:24 PM

Yup voodoo you have to have a tag like 50 bucks. But the season lasts all year in some hunt units. And some units you can get two, units with bighorn sheep that the game department is trying to protect.
Missing dogs cats andjoggers from mtn. lions? That usually only happens in places where there isn't any hunting of them allowed, like Cali, or around boulder Colo.. I don't know if it is open Oregon, I would assume so, it should be great lots of snow for tracking, much better than here in New Mexico.

Old 01-10-2007, 11:46 PM
Retired Moderator

I've heard non-stop praise about the perfection of New Mexico...from skiing, to diversity, and now to hunting. I hope there are many twisty places to ride. I am interested to find out how we deal with our wild cats in Oregon.

Old 01-10-2007, 11:59 PM

You've heard right. Best ski area, at least hardest in the US (Taos Ski Valley),best hunting around twelve different types of free range big game, and twisties like crazy if you know where to go. Head to the Gila Cliff Dwellings through Silver City and Pinos Altos if you want to see a road that makes me sick even when Im on the bike.

Old 01-11-2007, 12:37 AM
Banned

You guys ever watch Penn & Tellers Bull****?

They do an episode on endangered species and the laws surrounding hunting. It's unreal how this whole thing is approached by those involved.

I personally think that unless it is posing a threat to humans, any animal being killed should beconsumed. I don't think glory killing is cool at all, and it's kinda weird to see people with stuffed carcass of something you would never eat (lions, tigers and bears).

Anyway, you asked for it, I gave it.

Old 01-11-2007, 12:59 AM

I love hunting.I have never shot anything I didn't eat.I agree it's selfish to kill an animal just for bragging rights

Old 01-11-2007, 01:06 AM

awesome!! thats my next hunt i am planning i want one for a full body mount i have wanted to get one for about 8 years now andi think its time.
i am trying to go gator hunting later this year too. thats not going to be a full body mount though just a head mount
i went boar hunting last year and we had dogs about the same size and they could corner a 300lb boar like a mouse it was pretty cool to watch.

its not glory killing its reducing the population of predators before they are a threat to humans because of overpopulation-- like the video they have of coyotes walking down the sidewalk in downtown chicago past a lady pushing a stroller. up in wisconsin its nothing to go and see 3or4 coyotes in a subdivision.

Old 01-11-2007, 02:04 AM

All states set forth thier rules and regulations to properly control specific species, from crows, elk, coyotes and everything inbetween. Predator hunting is usually open year round places I've been, cause they breed so fast and are hard on the game species that don't reproduce so fast. Example, Coyote vs deer, coyote will produce far more litters, with multiple pups as compared to a deer and her fawn, guess who eats who in this scenario. So by killing off coyotes, your saving deer. Racoons and fox eat a larger percentage of duck eggs than ducks that are born, and thats if all those hatched make it through thier first year,again, killing the racoons saves the waterfowl. So even if you don't eat everything you kill, it's serving a great purpose in the big picture so long as you are hunting within all rules and regulations.Some counties over-run with deer, where the local herd is getting thin and decimating thier food, allow 2-3 deer in that county, it's to balance out a healthy number that the area can support. Point is....it's all checks and balances and every animal and it's control has a part. Biologist and such make recomendations and reports to the state for species management. The animals can't really let nature do it's job when we're slapping up condo's on every piece of land we can find.

Old 01-11-2007, 02:31 AM

well said!

Old 01-11-2007, 03:33 AM

photo chop

Quick Reply: Mountain Lion Hunting