Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Motorcycle Stores?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 03:30 PM
Ty
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motorcycle Stores?

I remember reading a post about a big motorcycle shop in Ohio that was described as Walmart for bike stuff. I couldn't find it in the search, but do you guys know the names of any of the big chain retailers or know what I'm talking about. I'm in Toledo and want to take a road trip to do some winter shopping but don't know where to go. I'm looking mostly for gear and clothes, not bike parts. Any help would be great. I would probably drive as far as Chicago if I knew that the store would have most of the stuff I'm looking for. I want to get a bunch of A*, Icon, and Rocket stuff...new gloves, shoes, pants, shirts, etc. but I would like to actually see the stuff first and we have NOTHING around here. Thanks guys.

Old 01-14-2008, 03:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Motorcycle Stores?

The only big store I know about is Cycle Gear. Not a Walmart, but they are bigger than any other shop I have seen.

Old 01-14-2008, 03:47 PM
Registered Users

if you are thinking Chicago...which would be a haul....you could check out Chicago Cycle Center

http://www.chicagocycle.com/

i go there a lot....

Old 01-14-2008, 04:36 PM

there is a big cycle shop well not really a shop but like a motorcycle wallmart over here in columbus called iron pony ive been once its ok a lot of it is hd oriented.

Old 01-14-2008, 04:40 PM

ORIGINAL: 95HondaCBRF3

there is a big cycle shop well not really a shop but like a motorcycle wallmart over here in columbus called iron pony ive been once its ok a lot of it is hd oriented.
Got my Teknic violators on clearance for $70 from there, they have a lot of stuff. Never been to the store though.

Old 01-14-2008, 04:48 PM
Ty

Thanks guys, Cycle Gear sounds familiar but there are none in Ohio. Maybe it was the Iron Pony shop, that sounds familiar too. I remember the person that posted it said they played exhaust noise through speakers in the store so it sounded cool all the time, lol. I think I'll be in Glen Ellyn for Easter so if I don't get my shopping done before that, I'll check out Chicago Cycle.

Old 01-14-2008, 05:33 PM

I dont know how big is big but iron pony is pretty big and has a bunch of gear. There about half the size of wal mart

Old 01-14-2008, 06:03 PM

+1 Iron Pony [sm=smiley20.gif]www.ironpony.com
Super Ultra Mega cycle gear store. It used to bean old K-Mart.

There is also Competition Accesories about 40 min. west of Columbus
www.compacc.com

Old 01-14-2008, 07:46 PM

Dont know if you have this store out there, but in So Cal we got a store called "Chaparral" Its a pretty darn big motorcycle store. Hope it helps. If not I know they got a website. I think its like chaparral-racing.com or something.

Old 01-14-2008, 08:25 PM
RCR

ORIGINAL: Martin_D

Dont know if you have this store out there, but in So Cal we got a store called "Chaparral" Its a pretty darn big motorcycle store. Hope it helps. If not I know they got a website. I think its like chaparral-racing.com or something.
You ever gone to the huge sale they have once a year? it takes up around a full city block. All the vendors sell their close-outs, returns, damaged product and slow moving items at killer prices.

Quick Reply: Motorcycle Stores?