Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

motorcycle clubs

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 12:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default motorcycle clubs

Just wanted to know has anyone ever thought of joining one,starting one or who are in one,what are some of the benefits of being in one,

Old 02-02-2011, 01:54 PM

I've been looking for people around albany ga to start like a motorcycle/street racing team. bikes and cars kinda deal. but no luck so far. lol I'd have to say the old club I was in we had a garage for the team with tools computer for tunning just anything you would pretty much need. We raced on track and street for money then a % would go to the team for tools software ect... then the rest to you for mods beer ect... lol. It was really fun tho. I mean it was like a big family of brothers that lived for the same thing. but now that I moved to albany it's just me haha but another benefit is with so many people being around the garage if something was wrong with the car or bike it would get fixed in a matter of mins.

Old 02-02-2011, 03:00 PM

I belong to a local forum that I guess you could consider a club. There are a bunch of like minded people there who all love to ride.

I like it because in the spring/summer there are a bunch of group rides going on. Usually 3-4 a week, so there are always people to ride with. During the winter there are some meetups and other non-bike activities. Not that long ago there were a group of guys and gals who got a party bus and bar hopped for a while. There are poker games, and other reasons to get together and drink with people who like what you like.

But there is a bit of drama. People will always find a way to talk **** about other people no matter what kind of group you are in.

Old 02-02-2011, 04:29 PM

I've been in one for years, I'm probably the oldest member. There is alot of benifits but I do enforce rules and thats the most important. Main rule is no drinking and driving, we take care of each other and have many group rides. Johnnyh

Old 02-02-2011, 04:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im in a club. You got lots of local people who are down to ride whenever, with just a phone call. We also like doing other stuff like throwing BBQ's hanging out for fights and games. Its a really cool brotherhood of guys who are like minded. I love it.

Old 02-02-2011, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by johnnyh
I've been in one for years, I'm probably the oldest member. There is alot of benifits but I do enforce rules and thats the most important. Main rule is no drinking and driving, we take care of each other and have many group rides. Johnnyh
The guys I ride with are the same way about rules. The first ride I went on, before I knew anyone there, this guy showed up on a GSXR 1000. No gear except for a helmet and a ratty pair of $5 leather gloves. He wreaked of squid, but was allowed to join anyway with a warning about gear on his next ride. He ended up doing wheelies on some very dangerous roads (bad wheelies BTW), and was booted from the ride at the first stop sign. He was told that if he wanted to do stuff like that he could as long as he was smart about it, and did them at the end of the line so he wouldnt cause others to crash if he went down.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:48 AM

I ride alone. It's my opportunity to get away from people. I go where I want when I want and stop when I want.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by CYACOP
I ride alone. It's my opportunity to get away from people. I go where I want when I want and stop when I want.

I mostly ride solo as well for rather the same reasons. Seems to me most of those who live around me aren't available at the same times for riding. Then again I enjoy night riding a lot so that may have something to do with it.

Old 02-03-2011, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by ga_skyline_rydr
I mostly ride solo as well for rather the same reasons. Seems to me most of those who live around me aren't available at the same times for riding. Then again I enjoy night riding a lot so that may have something to do with it.
iam in that same boat only reason i asked the question was that last time i was rideing last weekend i was approached buy a guess a club memeber and for the most part denied his invite to see how his club does there thing.

Old 02-03-2011, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by phillytye215
iam in that same boat only reason i asked the question was that last time i was rideing last weekend i was approached buy a guess a club memeber and for the most part denied his invite to see how his club does there thing.

If you don't mind me asking what club was this individual who approached you a member of, I don't know of any in this area. You want to go riding just let me know. Solo is nice sometimes but it does get dull and boring most of the time.

Quick Reply: motorcycle clubs