Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

MotoGP on CBS this weekend (not SPEED)

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 04:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MotoGP on CBS this weekend (not SPEED)

Great race! It would have been nice for Pedrosa to win in front of his fans but he still did well.

Old 06-10-2007, 05:04 PM

Rossi's girlfriend in the pits was HAWT.

Anybody catch the dumbass right after the race in the flip flops, shorts, and backpack standing in the middle of the track trying to give high fives as riders passed him through a corner.

Old 06-10-2007, 10:12 PM

yeah the one commentator kept calling them "drivers" and sounded like he had no idea about what was going on. kevin schwantz was an ok commentator. i like the australian and british commentators. they get you pumped up. also does anyone notice when pedrosa goes into corners he takes his foot off the peg?

Old 06-11-2007, 01:21 AM

Schwantz is good once the race actually starts, he's not so smooth with the pre-race scripted stuff but who the hell cares the race is whats important
speaking of which the race was great, kinda wanted Rossi to take it but Stoner is on fire
the racing between Stoner, Rossi and Pedrosa was incredible, good to see Stoner didn't crack under the pressure Rossi put on him. I mean holy crap, never mind showing a wheel Rossi showed Stoner his whole damn bike several times, more to screw with him than to actually pass him
Stoner rode a smart race though, didn't crack and realized all he had to do to win was lead Rossi onto the straight going into the last lap so Rossi wouldn't have a chance to out brake him

I'd love to see Yamaha gain some HP to make it a little more fair but to Stoner's credit he was running the same pace through the rest of the track as Rossi, he just wasn't braking as late for T1 (nobody was)

also would have been nice to see Hopper stay up with the leaders

Pedrosa was Pedrosa, he's fast but definitely not spectacular in any way, he just seems like "that other guy" that does pretty good sometimes

Old 06-11-2007, 05:03 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: catamayo85

im not really enjoying these announcers...
LOL! I was going to start a thread about the commentators. They just didn't seem like they were into the race like the regular commentators were. It actually sounded DANGEROUSLY close to the commentators found on NASCAR.......NOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And no HD.

Old 06-11-2007, 12:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

ORIGINAL: catamayo85

im not really enjoying these announcers...
LOL! I was going to start a thread about the commentators. They just didn't seem like they were into the race like the regular commentators were. It actually sounded DANGEROUSLY close to the commentators found on NASCAR.......NOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And no HD.
Im glad I was not the only one that thought that. Freekin Idiots.

Old 06-11-2007, 01:28 PM
Retired Moderator

Yeah, I love the "regulars"...they get so excited, and really add to the color of the race...that is their job. The CBS crewsounded like they were describing what is in a welfare mom's shopping cart at Wal*mart...

Old 06-11-2007, 01:37 PM

I dont know if its just me but they always seemed to be a few seconds behind in the race. You would see Rossi pass Stoner and then a few seconds later they would be like,"and Rossi overtakes Stoner" (not word for word). Were they even watching the race? Or Sunday morning cartoons? Ive never noticed it before.

Old 06-11-2007, 01:42 PM

loved it...

no hd

Old 06-11-2007, 04:02 PM

was this the race on ch.7 at the same time for the irl race on ch.6?? if so i watched the last 2 laps b4 i changed it back to the irl race just cuz i was wating for 5 hours for the rain to go away so i can watch NASCAR.