Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

moto gp *dont read if you plan to watch the race*

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 02:57 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default moto gp *dont read if you plan to watch the race*

so who else watched the moto gp race today and watched pedrosa slam into hayden from behind ? i think it was only 2 laps into the race and just blam ! you could see the kentucky kid slamming his fists into the ground and you could tell that he'd rather be hitting his team mate instead .. its really sad to see the championship just slip away and be given to rossi . i mean if if hayden didnt get in front of edwards that wouldve given rossi a 8 point lead over hayden ? the point being that it still wasnt over untill that last checker flag dropped ... maybe next year will be the kentucky kid's year ? it would take a huge miracle ....

Old 10-15-2006, 03:01 PM
Registered Users
Default RE: hayden loses championship

Maybe next time you might consider titling the thread "MotoGP Spoiler" so those who don't know the outcome and want to watch TiVo, DVR, etc., can watch the race without knowing the outcome....

Old 10-15-2006, 03:08 PM

maybe that is better ? sorry if i spolied it for anyone just watching the race and couldnt believe it. btw the race is still worth watching other things that i didnt spoil (again very sorry for those i spoiled it for)[sm=icon_beat.gif][sm=oopssign.gif]

Old 10-15-2006, 03:14 PM
Retired Admin, January 2008 ROTM, Lord of Neon & L.E.D.s

ORIGINAL: stephygee

Maybe next time you might consider titling the thread "MotoGP Spoiler" so those who don't know the outcome and want to watch TiVo, DVR, etc., can watch the race without knowing the outcome....
Yeah I was recording that as well. Please refrain from that kind of spoiling. It would have been good to see that firsthand.
LJ

Old 10-15-2006, 05:00 PM
Default RE: moto gp *dont read if you plan to watch the race*

ORIGINAL: havoc_on_2_wheels

so who else watched the moto gp race today and watched pedrosa slam into hayden from behind ? i think it was only 2 laps into the race and just blam ! you could see the kentucky kid slamming his fists into the ground and you could tell that he'd rather be hitting his team mate instead .. its really sad to see the championship just slip away and be given to rossi . i mean if if hayden didnt get in front of edwards that wouldve given rossi a 8 point lead over hayden ? the point being that it still wasnt over untill that last checker flag dropped ... maybe next year will be the kentucky kid's year ? it would take a huge miracle ....
Time to stir it up!
Are you serious about
.. its really sad to see the championship just slip away and be given to rossi .
I would beg to differ about the given part! There's 1 more race left and Hayden's down only 8 points. People crash, it's part of racing! Back in June when Rossi broke his hand he was still racing. I might have been the only believer that he's still the best. At 1 point in the season he was over 35 points back. This shouldn't be discounted. I have mad respect for Hayden and he's still got a shot BUT IF YOU WANT TO BE THE BEST YOU HAVE TO BEAT THE BEST! That's why they play the game.
Let's Go Mets!!!!!!![sm=groupwave.gif]

Old 10-15-2006, 08:09 PM

ORIGINAL: 13brsxsrr

ORIGINAL: havoc_on_2_wheels

Time to stir it up!
Are you serious about
.. its really sad to see the championship just slip away and be given to rossi .
I would beg to differ about the given part! There's 1 more race left and Hayden's down only 8 points. People crash, it's part of racing! Back in June when Rossi broke his hand he was still racing. I might have been the only believer that he's still the best. At 1 point in the season he was over 35 points back. This shouldn't be discounted. I have mad respect for Hayden and he's still got a shot BUT IF YOU WANT TO BE THE BEST YOU HAVE TO BEAT THE BEST! That's why they play the game.
Let's Go Mets!!!!!!![sm=groupwave.gif]

The whole point is, Danny Pedrosa wasn't even anywhere near Championship contension... Nicky and Val were neck and neck in the 2nd to last race of the season. There was NO REASON WHAT SO EVER for Pedrosa to try to pull a move like that on someone that was fighting for the championship, even more... IT WAS HIS TEAM'S #1 Rider.... pedrosa should be fired.

Old 10-15-2006, 11:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

S**T Happens, that's racing, and that's wot makes it exciting to see. I agree about Pedrosa though. Still another up & coming wanting to make his mark, split second decision & just mistimed it. Guess it shows that there are no "Riders Orders". Shame to, as Hayden seemed to be really psyched up for it. and I reckon that it would have gone down to the wire. The pressure is now back on Rossi and it should be a great race. Would love to have been a fly on the wall back at the Honda garage, whow boy, would have been very entertaining. Pedrosa is probably spending the rest of the day trying to remove pieces of his bike and sponser stickers from out of his backside.

Old 10-16-2006, 12:42 AM
Retired Administrator

Dani wasn't trying to pass... I read the post interviews from Dani and Nicki both and Nicki isn't (at least not publicly) mad at Dani.

Dani:

"I didn't try to overtake him," Pedrosa insisted. "I just braked normally, but suddenly I was approaching him too fast. I didn't feel that I was going faster than the lap before, but my wheel touched the zebra markings on the inside of the track. It was the first time that I have ever hit another rider."

Nicki:

With astonishing composure, Hayden said: "It's a disaster for the team, but that's racing. Anything can happen. Dani came to see me afterwards. I know he regrets it, and I know he's not a dirty rider."

And as for what 13brsxsrr said... Yes, no one can honestly say that Rossi isn't the best rider out there. That's the problem. With an 8 point lead for Rossi now, it doesn't look good. I was out riding today so I'll have to wait until Tuesday to watch the race. I'm not counting Nicki out. I'd love to see him with the championship, but you know, being 2nd best in hardest class of sportbike racing, isn't anything to be ashamed of.

This is the best I could find on the wreck... I WANT THE CLIP!!!

Name:  PedrosavsHayden.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  8.5 KB

Old 10-16-2006, 01:42 AM
Retired Administrator

Found a clip...

I had problems playing it with media player so I had to download a divx player... click here if you need divx

Old 10-16-2006, 01:52 AM

hey Drag, i didnt mean it so much as rossi was handed the championship .. he has worked his *** off to catch back up from a -35 points to where he is now, he is a awsome rider . my comment was meant that instead of rossi having to keep the battle up with hayden he got a "gift" when hayden went down .. but for those of u who watched the race you know rossi worked his *** off still . sorry for the confusion, i guess when i 1st started this post i didnt choose my words the best

Quick Reply: moto gp *dont read if you plan to watch the race*