Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

MOTO GP COMMING TO INDIANA

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 07:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MOTO GP COMMING TO INDIANA

I JUST HEARD THE NEWS LAST NIGHT, MOTO GP RACE COMING TO INDIANAPOLIS MOTOR SPEEDWAY IN 2008... IT'S OFFICIAL.... THEY ARE GONNA RUN AT THE INDIANAPOLIS MOTOR SPEEDWAY.. AND RUN ON A COURSE SIMILAR THE THE ONE THE F1 CARS RUN ON...... .

Old 07-07-2007, 08:03 AM
Default RE: MOTO GP COMMING TO INDIANA

thats literally the last track in the country I'd want MotoGP to run at, with Daytona not far behind

I hope they manage to make the track not suck so much, they're supposed to be running the F1 course backwards and changing some corners (F1 will be using the "new" course in the future as well)

whatever, it will be good for the sport just to get the spectator/TV coverage that this should get so I won't bitch about it too much but I'd definitely like to see them at a "real" track like Road America, VIR, Road Atlanta (yeah I know that ones never gonnna happen but its a cool f'in track), etc

Old 07-07-2007, 08:45 AM

they ran the bikes out at indy in 04 for a practice,, then indy proceeded to change the layout, so im sure it's set up for them.. it's been a 3 year ordeal....

Old 07-07-2007, 10:03 AM
Retired Administrator

What is wrong with MotoGP at Indy woody? Just asking for your opinioin. All I see is that since I'm east coast, well, for some stupid reason Ohio is considered the Mid West (better then being called the middle east I guess)... anyways, I'll never make it out to CA to see a race, but indy is only a few hours away. So that looks good for me.

Will it ruin the track for F1 or you just don't think the track will make a good GP track?

Old 07-07-2007, 10:28 AM

Now I have a reason to head to the track every year! I live right next to it and I've never been.

Old 07-07-2007, 11:12 AM

ORIGINAL: doncollins

What is wrong with MotoGP at Indy woody? Just asking for your opinioin. All I see is that since I'm east coast, well, for some stupid reason Ohio is considered the Mid West (better then being called the middle east I guess)... anyways, I'll never make it out to CA to see a race, but indy is only a few hours away. So that looks good for me.

Will it ruin the track for F1 or you just don't think the track will make a good GP track?
exactly...ill never go to cali and now ill have a chance to see it alot closer. that is gonna be tight as hell. now if they can just have one in daytona i wont have to travel but a couple hours and i could even take my bike

Old 07-07-2007, 01:37 PM

its a flat, featureless course stuffed inside an oval
they could also call Indy "Generic Track #1"

I'm sure its great for spectators but it still can't compare to the other tracks I mentioned
and don't even get me started on Daytona, most people I know that have raced there do it once and never want to go back, even AMA riders just want to get in and get it over with
History isthe only reason that race is still on the calendar

Old 07-07-2007, 02:21 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

so does this mean we'll have two moto gp races in the U.S , or will they take away laguna saca ( i hope not i havent gotten to go and it not that far either ) and just keep the "new" track ?

Old 07-07-2007, 05:50 PM

there was a rumor that Laguna's contract for MotoGP was up after this year, but it turns out only the exclusivity part of the contract is up, the contract itself goes for a few more years so they'll still be at Laguna for a while

Old 07-07-2007, 05:56 PM

and honestly I think most of the MotoGP paddock understands that the problems Laguna has had the last few years were just growing pains. European tracks have been able to keep up with changing standardsyear-by-year for a long time now, Laguna had to basically catch up to that over one winter break so there were problems and still are. Repaving a track is always a crapshoot, sometimes it works out great, sometimes its a disaster. Laguna is obviously hot as hell all the time which makes the curing time skyrocket and in this case, it really never did at all. Hopefully the new repave will work out better, we'll see

Quick Reply: MOTO GP COMMING TO INDIANA