Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: best performance mod
tires
53.33%
wheels
0%
exhaust
8.89%
pcIII
11.11%
suspension
22.22%
cbrforum sticker
4.44%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

most important mod

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 06:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definately a good set of tires would be best, but another great bang for your buck mod is sprockets 1-, 2+ and 520 chain

Old 11-25-2009, 10:06 AM
Wink the real deal

I think that in the sportbike range of motos, all sytems perform very well, so that said , I think that if you were to UPGRADE anything i wood say a better tire , but then again as it was said early in thread even the factory tire that came on the bike is a great tire for street. if we were talking about race track prep that would change a bit. but unless a system is faulty or worn down, my stock 929 will walk the dog past alot of "glamour mod" bikes with thousand dollar exhast and hundreds of led lights . I think honda did some awsome tuning and part listing, i love to work on bikes and fool around with the differnt parts out there, But i think my bike is done perfect by the factory. UPGRADING your skills is the ut-most important mod , hands down

Old 11-25-2009, 11:20 PM

Suspension.You can buy whatever tires/ehaust/pc111 or anything you want,but you take a turn hard enough with all the goodies and your suspension can wreck you if it isn't setup right.

Old 11-25-2009, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by bambam
But i think my bike is done perfect by the factory. UPGRADING your skills is the ut-most important mod , hands down
Suspension is setup for average riding.If you even start getting fast in the turns suspension needs to be set for you weight/tires.Factory settings isn't setup up for that.

Old 11-26-2009, 12:50 AM

What's most important is being unique!

Name:  FunnyMotivationalPosters10.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  34.8 KB

Old 11-26-2009, 10:43 AM
Talking

Originally Posted by wsideshow
Suspension is setup for average riding.If you even start getting fast in the turns suspension needs to be set for you weight/tires.Factory settings isn't setup up for that.
If you wood of read a little closer...Isaid race prep wood change things a bit... with out good skill , I dont care what suspension is on it. wood you rather have exellent ride skill and an average suspension or average skills and exellent suspension?. Ill take the skills bro..peece

Old 11-26-2009, 09:23 PM

hi i ve got a new bike with massive loads and i want to know how many hps could it boost? it is 2005 cbr 1000 repsol replica ,full exhaust system akrapovic,pc111.K&N air filter,msn nitrous system,nitrox fuel commander.

Old 11-26-2009, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by bambam
If you wood of read a little closer...Isaid race prep wood change things a bit... with out good skill , I dont care what suspension is on it. wood you rather have exellent ride skill and an average suspension or average skills and exellent suspension?. Ill take the skills bro..peece
Well if you were skilled in anyway you would have the suspension setup.Unskilled can't tell the difference .So ya I agree you shouldn't worry about your stock setup suspension.

Find any real skilled rider or anyone who does track racing and suspension is the #1 thing to worry about having setup right.Come over to the Wera race boards and say that lol.Bet they'll laugh their *** off at your comment.

the more skilled you are the more you depend on having your bikes suspension setup .If you want another example watch motogp sometime.The most expensive parts they run is suspension and suspension electronics.Those bikes change settings every turn they hit.

I see your in florida.Come out to Jennings gp and show us some of that skill on a stock setup.

Last edited by wsideshow; 11-26-2009 at 10:22 PM.
Old 11-26-2009, 11:46 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Question didn't really seem to be posed as a track only mod or street only mod so who is to guess what the OP had in mind It is very apparent that peeps seriously into track days tend to buy a bike only for that purpose. Which makes sense because the setup required for a track like Road Atlanta will bounce yer a$$ in a ditch real quick on the actual road. I never went to Jennings or Talladega but have heard that Jennings was a softer track but Talladega was just a monster.

Anyway, my point, and ya I did sorta have one, is that this shouldn't be a pissing contest on skills or lack there of. More like an opinion poll to see what a bunch of motorheads think is most important. No real wrong answers ... well, the "stickers" might be wrong ...

Old 11-27-2009, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by chainstretcher
Question didn't really seem to be posed as a track only mod or street only mod so who is to guess what the OP had in mind It is very apparent that peeps seriously into track days tend to buy a bike only for that purpose. Which makes sense because the setup required for a track like Road Atlanta will bounce yer a$$ in a ditch real quick on the actual road. I never went to Jennings or Talladega but have heard that Jennings was a softer track but Talladega was just a monster.

Anyway, my point, and ya I did sorta have one, is that this shouldn't be a pissing contest on skills or lack there of. More like an opinion poll to see what a bunch of motorheads think is most important. No real wrong answers ... well, the "stickers" might be wrong ...
I totally agree with your statement.I never said anything about skills till someone wanted a pissing contest lol.

I ride street and track.I ride everyday out of the week.More street then track.

Quick Reply: most important mod