Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Most humbling moment on a bike?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 04:33 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in 2003 ish I was really into stunting on my Kawasaki 750. I would practice in a parking lot of the local high school all the time a few hours after school let out.

Well one day I was doing it a little early and I guess a bunch of girls had all stayed late and were all walking buy

*hey this should be a great time to do a huge burn out*

Well I had maybe done 1 before this. I revved it up and eased teh clutch out then put it back in then eased it out and put it back in about 8 times then I got a great burnout and the girls all loved it.

I melted my clutch so bad that When I put it in gear and tried to ride off.... my bike acted like it was still in neutral or that I had the clutch pulled in. There was no way for me to get power into the bike *doh*

Old 04-21-2009, 04:53 PM

I have to say when you work at a place where there are 20 cruisers and you are the only sport there every one is watching or at least that what it feels like. We have a gated parking lot but there had been a rash of thefts goin on so I started locking my front wheel. Well one day I when to show off for the cruiser group and forgot to take that damn lock off. Yeah nothing like falling over in the parking lot when you are the new guy to make you feel 2" tall.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:43 AM

2 weeks after I got the bike, shoe lace got caught in the shifter at an intersection. Bike fell over and pinned me against the curb with a car load of girls behind me. Awesome.

Dropped the bike in front of my mom at 2mph.

Old 04-23-2009, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by wiggeywackyo
2 weeks after I got the bike, shoe lace got caught in the shifter at an intersection. Bike fell over and pinned me against the curb with a car load of girls behind me. Awesome.

O Wow!! That must really really suck. I think that one is the winner

Old 04-23-2009, 01:17 PM

I HATE when I leave the kickstand down and kick it into gear. I'm sure of two times ive done it and got looks like I just stalled out. My bike is real loud too, so there was no hiding me turning it off and then back on.

One time my sister ran in the house to let me know the bike fell over, dumbass me it was 90 degrees out and I parked it on the asphalt driveway, kickstand down, nothing under it. Dug right in and fell over

Old 04-23-2009, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Timmy_Jones
I HATE when I leave the kickstand down and kick it into gear. I'm sure of two times ive done it and got looks like I just stalled out. My bike is real loud too, so there was no hiding me turning it off and then back on.

I haven't had any real screwups yet, but I have a fair share of dropping it into gear when the stand is down and stalling out. Always seems to happen when someone is walking by....

Old 04-23-2009, 03:12 PM

+++6 on the kkickstand kill.

I have a fake left leg, and will unknwlingly put the bike in gear as I'm going to put the kickstand down.

Old 04-23-2009, 05:56 PM

Mine was when the wife and I were fighting 2 weeks after buying the bike and I stormed out of the house and got on the bike. She follows me outside and I'm blowing her off as I go down my steep driveway. Well my wheel catches the edge of the driveway and the grass going 3mph and I fall right over. I jump up cursing, still ignoring her as she's asking if I am ok, and struggle to get the bike back up but finally do. As soon as I sit on it I fall on the other side this time just looking like a total *** and now see the neighbors watching. Can you imagine how pissed I was but inside I felt like the stupidest person to walk the face of the earth!

Old 04-23-2009, 07:44 PM

I dunno if this pertains to anything here, but thought i would share. I was riding today and pulled over in a parking lot messing around for a minute on the bike with no other cars around. Well this goose gets all pissed off and starts waddling over to me. You know how they are. Well then I start to ride away and it starts flying right next to me, literally 3 feet away. So basically I'm racing a pissed off goose. I speed up, the ****er hangs right there with me. Then it nosedived into the lake. Thought it was funny to race a bird.

Old 04-24-2009, 08:00 AM

+1, gotta be the most humbling so far.