Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

The most beautiful town ...

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 11:21 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The most beautiful town ...

Amwe being recruited... ?

[&:]

[8D]

Old 05-11-2008, 03:17 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

I think I need a google earth link or else I am not going along with this.

Tommy .. when you look down on Tenby you can see it is in fact a small promontory ... you see the harbour here too ... and that is St Catherine's island just off shore ... this place is wonderful for kayaking :-)

Jules

Old 05-11-2008, 08:21 AM
Super Moderator
Received 497 Likes on 449 Posts

A really beautiful place. The amazing thing here for me is the tidal change. I did a little research on the tides at Tenby. They go from a low of 2 meters to a high of 7 meters. That's a 15 foot tidal change. That's incredible. Here in S. FL we get maybe 2.5 to 3 feet. Cool place you have there Jules. Any shots of when the tide was in ?

Old 05-11-2008, 09:19 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: idodirt

A really beautiful place. The amazing thing here for me is the tidal change. I did a little research on the tides at Tenby. They go from a low of 2 meters to a high of 7 meters. That's a 15 foot tidal change. That's incredible. Here in S. FL we get maybe 2.5 to 3 feet. Cool place you have there Jules. Any shots of when the tide was in ?

The pictures don't do it justice either Bill .. when you are down by the harbour and the tide is in and people are in and out the boats it's great to just sit and watch the world go by :-) ... Bill this is probably my most photographed area ... I literally have hundreds .. I will find a few nice ones of the tide being in ... my only regret is it's not in on those other two because it does look better when the water is up in the harbour ...

The tide does come in right up deep along the harbour wall and when it goes out it's way past the life boat station ... I could live here as I love watching the tide come in and out ...

Jules

Old 05-11-2008, 10:30 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've been to Tenby, guys, and can assure you it's real, and as good as the pictures - what Jules didn't tell you is that the tidal rise and fall there is over 6 metres (20 feet) !! so you can only use the harbour at full tides (unless you like wading !) and if it's spring tide low, forget it - push boat a looooong way........[X(][X(]

Old 05-11-2008, 11:46 AM
Banned

You can see on the retaining walls where the water crests. I don't think anyone really thought the town was fake... just a bit of fun , eh?

I think it is fake, though... Lol, I'm just kidding, if I really thought it was fake I wouldn't say it. Or would I?

I feel a whole lot more like I do now than I did an hour ago. J/K Jules, lawl.

Old 05-11-2008, 03:43 PM
Banned

I would love a seaside cottage in Tenby...and one in Ibiza...and possibly Nice--then just travel between them on my Desmosedici,
correct me if I am wrong, but aside from the chunnel, wouldn't you need to invove a boat somewhere in the mix?

But I am with you on the seasidecottage thing, toss in a condo in Taormina or even the Costa del Soland I am golden.

Tommy .. when you look down on Tenby you can see it is in fact a small promontory
Promontory? WTF is that? Did you make that word up? It makes no difference...if there is vodka in a promontory then I am going.

Old 05-11-2008, 07:14 PM

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

I would love a seaside cottage in Tenby...and one in Ibiza...and possibly Nice--then just travel between them on my Desmosedici,
correct me if I am wrong, but aside from the chunnel, wouldn't you need to invove a boat somewhere in the mix?

Yes, very astute, however, I thought of that, and have come up with a solution:

^^^ ...you can't tell me you didn't love this movie...

Old 05-11-2008, 07:24 PM

Weird, The houses are different colors in the first 2 pics and there is definetly a big sail boat missing in the second one... would love to see how they pulled that one off...

Old 05-11-2008, 08:54 PM
Retired Administrator

Anyone else smell a witch hunt? Beautiful pictures of places most of us will never see from a personal perspective and all you guys can do is pick them apart with a moved/missing boat and different colors on the buildings? Come on.

Quick Reply: The most beautiful town ...