Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Money collection for widow of soldier

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 10:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Money collection for widow of soldier

On the 4th Sgt griffin from springboro ohio, and stationed at wright patterson was killed in the line of duty. Sgt griffin was a security forces member in the air force. He left behind a wife, and a 7 year old son. His wife is being removed from base housing and does not work. The security forces unit at wright patterson is taking donations to help her get a apartment and help with other expenses. Even if all you have is a dollar, please donate it. My email on pay pal is cbrsvt0502@aol.com. If you can help in any way it will be much obliged.

Old 04-06-2008, 01:30 PM
RCR
Default RE: Money collection for widow of soldier

Im sorry to hear that. Currently with all that is going on and has been going on. I would like to see a link to a local paper or other proof that my donation would be going to the family.

Please don't be offended but if you have been around this section you will know what Im talking about.

Old 04-06-2008, 01:37 PM

Here I googled this for you.

http://www.cleveland.com/newsflash/c...list=cleveland

I dont think the guys is lying about a fellow service members death. It is one thing to question someone in the hospital or needing to get there bike back from repo but dont question the death of a service member.

Old 04-06-2008, 01:43 PM

what i dont get is why they are taking donations for her to find a place to live. she should be getting 400,000 dollars. every service member has a life insurance policy.

Old 04-06-2008, 01:59 PM

ORIGINAL: feedingfrenzy

what i dont get is why they are taking donations for her to find a place to live. she should be getting 400,000 dollars. every service member has a life insurance policy.
Not every service members has the maximum amount though. YOu have the option to decline coverage and also choose how much coverage you want. Lets keep facts straight before going back and forth on who knows what the military does and does not do.

Old 04-06-2008, 02:04 PM

im in the military and i was never givin the chance to decline my coverage. im not saying you cant do it but him being a staff sgt. in the airforce i would bet money on him having life insurance as well as a power of attorny and a will being deployed to iraq. its part of the work up process to go to iraq to get all the life insurance paper work double checked to make sure every thing is correct. its very sad to see that another service member gave his life im just saying its suspicious to me about asking for money to find her an apartment.

Old 04-06-2008, 02:05 PM
RCR

ORIGINAL: flashman

I dont think the guys is lying about a fellow service members death. It is one thing to question someone in the hospital or needing to get there bike back from repo but dont question the death of a service member.
Never questioned the death of a service member flash.

Old 04-06-2008, 02:09 PM

ORIGINAL: RCR

ORIGINAL: flashman

Never questioned the death of a service member flash.
Ok. Well I hope I helped out by providing the link to at least show this is a true story. I apologize for the wording as being one of many military members on the site we take it to heart when a fellow member is KIA.

Old 04-06-2008, 04:53 PM

if no body wants to donate for whatever reason that is fine with me. As far as the insurance it is correct that a service member have a life insurance policy as well as a will. All I have is the email sent from the commander informing us of his death. No one has told us why we are collecting money for the family. I honestly don't know, but we were asked to do so. I agree that with a life insurance policy that is not going to be less than 100,000 dollars then what could she need money for. But, did anyone every think that maybe the liasion is going to use it to build a memoriable. I don't know what they money is for, it could be just to show his widowed wife that there are people out here for her, that people do love and honor his death. Just remember why this war is not in your backyard. It is because of soldiers like him who risk their life to go over there to fight for you! His body is not even state side yet so I don't think a newspaper clipping will happen. I can send the email from the govt computer if any one wants to send me there email address.