Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Which mirrors should I buy?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 12:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which mirrors should I buy?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...3551QQtcZphoto
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...4559QQtcZphoto
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-98...6370QQtcZphoto

I like the chrome and carbon fiber looking ones but I'm not sure which ones will look the best. Its a 98 Red F3.

Old 02-21-2006, 01:02 AM
Default RE: Which mirrors should I buy?

I like the black. Mainly because I have never been a fan of chrome on a sport bike and I am not sure if that carbon would look too cheesy. I have actually looked at the same mirrors a couple of times on ebay. Just my $0.02...

Old 02-21-2006, 01:34 AM

I'm too much of a car guy for this
I got rid of my 2000 Z28 to buy the bike. I swore I would never drive an imported car, and then I went and bought a honda bike, hehe.
Now I've done a 180. I would never ride a domestic bike. Back to my point. I respect a rider or a driver alot more when they tastefully modify their vehicle. Just like when kids put wings or fake carbon fiber on their cars, it just looks nasty and fake.

Just my opinion, stick with black[sm=shades.gif]

Old 02-21-2006, 01:02 PM

if your bike doesn't have some chrome or carbon fiber parts already on it then i would go with the black mirrors. IMHO chrome or carbon fiber mirrors would look out of place if there are no other chrome or carbon fiber parts.

Old 02-21-2006, 01:25 PM

Go for the Racer Replica Mirrors at the bottom of the page

http://www.magicalracing.co.jp/LineU...r600rr_en.html

Old 02-21-2006, 03:47 PM
L8X

black

Old 02-22-2006, 11:12 AM

I like the carbon ones, similar to what I have.

Old 02-22-2006, 11:42 PM

ORIGINAL: Trueblood22

I'm too much of a car guy for this
I got rid of my 2000 Z28 to buy the bike. I swore I would never drive an imported car, and then I went and bought a honda bike, hehe.
Now I've done a 180. I would never ride a domestic bike. Back to my point. I respect a rider or a driver alot more when they tastefully modify their vehicle. Just like when kids put wings or fake carbon fiber on their cars, it just looks nasty and fake.

Just my opinion, stick with black[sm=shades.gif]
I'm with you on respecting what's tasteful! I don't mind import cars as commuter cars (my wife drives a corola). I love Mustangs. I have a '65 with a roller 306, electric fan, aluminum heads, 750 holley... the list goes on! If you looked at the car, besides the rims, it looks stock. Doesn't sound stock But if there is one thing that really makes me shake my head in pitty is seeing a late model mustang v6 with 3 foot high wing on the back, couple hundred pounds in vinyl tape, fart pipe and rice tail lights. Really, pick on something else!

As far as the mirrors.
I wouldn't use the chrome mirrors unless you have more chrome on your bike.
The carbon fiber would look ok on my bike, cause mine is black with silver on it. I'm not sure how it would look w/o silver or other carbon fiber.
I wouldn't get those black ones, not because of the color, but because they serve no advantage to me. I'm not the biggest or widest guy, but my issue with my mirrors is having to tuck in my arms to see behind me. I would keep the stock mirrors and get some extenders.

Old 02-23-2006, 01:02 AM

Thanks for your input. I agree the chrome would look out of place and the cheap carbon fiber look might look cheesy. I would stick with the stock one but they are that bulky rubber along the shafts of the mirrors. I can remove the rubber but then I would have to paint the shafts black. It would look okay.... I have seen it done, but it doesnt look as good as these blacks ones would.

Old 02-23-2006, 09:33 AM

Yeah, the stock mirrors, like on my bike are junk. They look like dumbo ears sticking out the side. They do look a bit better with the rubber cut off, but the shorter shafts look way better, and they are not that much...

Quick Reply: Which mirrors should I buy?