CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   The mindset of a squid... (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/mindset-squid-51707/)

suicidal 10-10-2007 03:54 PM

The mindset of a squid...

So i'm part of facebook group called "sportbike riders"... this guy posts a video of him doing a power wheelie on a yellow gsxr wearing no gear, no helmit, t-shirt and shorts...

So I took a screenshot and did a little bit of paintshopping (I attached the jpg), and he sends me the following pm.
He is bold, mines regular.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________
HIM:Like with the other dude feel free to post a video!! do you even ride??

ME: yeah, i ride '01 f4i ...

A friend of mine just passed a few weeks ago, he was one of the safest riders i have ever met, and would kill it in the twisties. Then there's your ass doing power wheelies with shorts, tshirt and no helmet... thats ****ing retarted. Don't get mad because you know your the definition of squid.

I always wear my gear, leather, jeans, gloves and lid... sometimes i dont wear my boots because i have to go to work. You should do the same, because you will go down, and it will make it easier if your covered up a little.

HIM: dude everyone I ride with here in 100 degree weather goes no protection. At night when we go seriously riding we gear up. Its my choice and if making that choice makes me a squid then oh well. Atleast i'm not the one on the 600[/align][/align][/align][/align]

ME: oh well is right, you are a squid.

"Atleast i'm not the one on the 600"

You sir are and idiot. Digging your self a bigger and bigger hole...

You ride a 1000 because you look bigger and badder with no helmet and no gear. You vs me in the twisties your 1k doesnt mean ****, basically all that 1k does is allow you to look like a ****ing idiot on the free way doing power wheelies...

I will update if i need to lol... its all pretty funny.

[IMG]local://upfiles/13756/53483880106D49FF87A0BB9E87085F5C.jpg[/IMG]

ffingers 10-10-2007 03:58 PM

RE: The mindset of a squid...

what a 'tard!

WhiteDealershipRice 10-10-2007 03:58 PM

That's ok...just make sure he is a registerd organ donor...

madgreek 10-10-2007 04:00 PM

His shorts are hawt!

fishfryer527 10-10-2007 04:14 PM

What are those strings hanging down off his shirt? Oh they are his arms...Tattoos don't build triceps.

PlayfulGod 10-10-2007 04:16 PM

I bet I can out ride him on a 250 in the twisties. tell tat tard that lol

D2VW14_20 10-10-2007 04:24 PM

Oooo Oooo, invite him to the forum.................. hahaha, j/k

pacemaker 10-10-2007 04:33 PM

Wot difference would there be in riding at night? Probably got "Glow" gear & rides without headlights.

CBRCRF 10-10-2007 04:33 PM

Hes dreamy;)

PlayfulGod 10-10-2007 04:42 PM

ORIGINAL: pacemaker

Wot difference would there be in riding at night? Probably got "Glow" gear & rides without headlights.
nah just their boots with metal plates on em. Thats their 'gear'.

Icyalkn 10-10-2007 06:10 PM

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

What are those strings hanging down off his shirt? Oh they are his arms...Tattoos don't build triceps.
Priceless, that is awesome Fish, ..... strings.... hahaha

Hmmm guys like that are why this nurse i was dating told me they call us organ donors......... Whatev's he'll have a close call like I described in "fatal accident" and his "MUD" will just run down his leg and stain his pretty stainless side exhaust ..... DOLT

VP 10-10-2007 06:30 PM

suicidal I was in that group for about an hour before I realized that everyone on there were gixxer riding posers who think the single greatest accomplishment known to man is doing a burnout in the parking lot

itgbudeev 10-10-2007 07:01 PM

Who wears short shorts?!

That guy

jaynd 10-10-2007 07:54 PM

we shall call him..........................

GROUND BEEF!

PlayfulGod 10-10-2007 08:04 PM

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

suicidal I was in that group for about an hour before I realized that everyone on there were gixxer riding posers who think the single greatest accomplishment known to man is doing a burnout in the parking lot
I did that once, n then looked at my tire n thought man there went a 1000 miles 8(
Havent done one since.

crashkhanman 10-10-2007 08:40 PM

Speaking of squids .. what is it about cruisers? ... 9 of 10 cruiser riders I see are usually in shorts, tee shirts, and wearing a turtle shell. I just don't get it.

Don't get me wrong I love going out with my friends father andhis buddies with their Harleys and have a good time. But they are the few I know that actually gear up. And I always give the "wave" to other riders sport or not.

05RR 10-10-2007 08:41 PM

Isn't there a "system" over in the UK or some place to where you HAVE to start out on a 250, ride for so long, take a test, if you pass then you can get a 600...and so on? If that's the case, I think that the US should adopt such a "system", therefore, dip****s like this wouldn't get past a 250.

sixhundredrr 10-10-2007 09:16 PM

ORIGINAL: 05RR

Isn't there a "system" over in the UK or some place to where you HAVE to start out on a 250, ride for so long, take a test, if you pass then you can get a 600...and so on? If that's the case, I think that the US should adopt such a "system", therefore, dip****s like this wouldn't get past a 250.
We need some natural selection. I say let em ride.

JonBrown 10-10-2007 09:37 PM

i agree that we need sometype of law. or atleast if u pass ur ridint test on a 250 then get a 600 u need a new riding test or your liscence is useless. natural selection is nice except we get the bad rep.

Illushun 10-10-2007 09:49 PM

Everyone is a squid at some point or does squidly things, including myself. Whether it's riding beyond your means, peforming mods to your bike and then justify by saying it makes the bike peform better? How many of us can actually ride our bikes at 100%.

You or anyone cannot tell me in completely honesty that they have never done these things.

SpiritRR 10-10-2007 10:12 PM

ORIGINAL: Illushun

Everyone is a squid at some point or does squidly things, including myself. Whether it's riding beyond your means, peforming mods to your bike and then justify by saying it makes the bike peform better? How many of us can actually ride our bikes at 100%.

You or anyone cannot tell me in completely honesty that they have never done these things.

[sm=exactly.gif] I'm the type that needs first-hand experience. If I didn't know how to be retarded, I wouldn't know how to be smart. What I can't figure out is how to be smart first and just not bother with the dumbness at all. Mo-mo's are dumb Voodoo.

RCR 10-10-2007 10:27 PM

Looks like he was humping the tank and his fingers slipped of the clutch.

rangerscott 10-10-2007 11:06 PM

ORIGINAL: WhiteDealershipRice

That's ok...just make sure he is a registerd organ donor...

I dont want idiot parts.

rangerscott 10-10-2007 11:07 PM

Damit!!!!!! He's not wearing flip flops. Would have made it that much better. ;)

suicidal 10-11-2007 12:55 AM

^ good call

I don't know, i was checking this forum before I got my bike, i read and read more stuff... and realized its smarter to wear your gear and smarter to not act like an idiot while riding. Very few times have I even wore just a t-shirt while riding...Its a preference thing, but that guy took it to the max.

richhowerton 10-11-2007 01:20 AM

nice try at a wheelie

HARDCORP 8654 10-11-2007 06:49 AM

yes as someone pointed out we all at some point have done something stupid one really recently comes to mind for myself but it is individuals like this who persist in this type behavior they give all of us a bad name he's not ground beef he is****ing spaghetti the fire trucks going to pull up and hose his ass off the pavement and hes going to be nothing more than a statistic or if not he will end up being a bad influence on somebody just learning to ride with his stupid ass bragging about all his stunting on the street and playfulgod probably got it 100% right you could probably grind him in the pavementin onthe twisties

Bumble Bee 10-11-2007 08:29 AM

That guy is a tool! I mean who dresses liek that besides that guy. i have no idea why everyone thinks the GSXR is the best bike out there? I think they are not near as wel made as the CBR. My 600 is a great bike, but the only reason I would like to have a 1000 is for the low end power they make. If I was to get a 1000 it would have to be a 1000 RR or a R1.

Nice paint shop work LOL!

Donohu40 10-11-2007 09:31 AM

I don't think any one make of bike is better then another. Unless your comparing any jap bike to a harley/buell, but thats just not fair. Almost all suzuki's, kawis, hondas and yami's are great bikes (not counting katana's... obviously), so generalizing gsxr riders as squids won't help anyones argument. I know plenty of squids rockin f4i's and R6's.

And as far as saying everyone starts out at the same point with riding, I agree. But the difference between a squid and a non-squid is that squids never end up riding responsibly. No one starts off riding by jumpin on a 1k with no gear and pullin wheelies and then learn not to do that. There are beginners and then theres squids. A beginner is someone with limited riding skills, but they are learning. A squid is someone that may or may not have riding skills, but they do the most retardedly irresponsible things possible on a bike.

I don't know if this is the popular definition ofa squid but its kind of how i think of it. I know plenty of people that are way better then me at riding, but they do retarded crap, which I think makes them a squid, and I take it easy, ride well within my limits, and ALWAYS wear at the very least a helmet and jacket.

thomasintexas 10-11-2007 09:46 AM

ORIGINAL: suicidal

So i'm part of facebook group called "sportbike riders"... this guy posts a video of him doing a power wheelie on a yellow gsxr wearing no gear, no helmit, t-shirt and shorts...

So I took a screenshot and did a little bit of paintshopping (I attached the jpg), and he sends me the following pm.
He is bold, mines regular.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________
HIM:Like with the other dude feel free to post a video!! do you even ride??

ME: yeah, i ride '01 f4i ...

A friend of mine just passed a few weeks ago, he was one of the safest riders i have ever met, and would kill it in the twisties. Then there's your ass doing power wheelies with shorts, tshirt and no helmet... thats ****ing retarted. Don't get mad because you know your the definition of squid.

I always wear my gear, leather, jeans, gloves and lid... sometimes i dont wear my boots because i have to go to work. You should do the same, because you will go down, and it will make it easier if your covered up a little.

HIM: dude everyone I ride with here in 100 degree weather goes no protection. At night when we go seriously riding we gear up. Its my choice and if making that choice makes me a squid then oh well. Atleast i'm not the one on the 600[/align][/align][/align][/align]

ME: oh well is right, you are a squid.

"Atleast i'm not the one on the 600"

You sir are and idiot. Digging your self a bigger and bigger hole...

You ride a 1000 because you look bigger and badder with no helmet and no gear. You vs me in the twisties your 1k doesnt mean ****, basically all that 1k does is allow you to look like a ****ing idiot on the free way doing power wheelies...

I will update if i need to lol... its all pretty funny.

[IMG]local://upfiles/13756/53483880106D49FF87A0BB9E87085F5C.jpg[/IMG]
I have a few things to say about this guy....thats hardly a wheelie to begin with, that string comming from his shorts is probably his tampon...AND the only protection needed in relation to him:

his parents should have used a condom...

[IMG]local://upfiles/20875/418B817A03D74FFF8DE8F2C53403EF63.jpg[/IMG]

socale30 10-11-2007 11:06 AM

that guy looks like all the other kids with bikes down at SDSU. I go to a private art school near there, and every day, I see somebody on a GSXR rocking that look...though down here in SD, we go all out (no shoes...just sandals). After seeing a squid in its natural environment while we were sitting in traffic, my roommate turned to me and asked why I always gear up whenever I ride (even just going down the street on a food run)...and I just looked at him and said: 'hey bro...remember when we were long boarding and you ate it? Remember how much that sh.t hurt, and remember how you weren't going more than 10 miles per hour? ....Yea.......thats why I like spending money on gear....that and well, it looks bad ass (the gear, not being a squid).'

fishfryer527 10-11-2007 01:14 PM

Speaking of squids .. what is it about cruisers? ... 9 of 10 cruiser riders I see are usually in shorts, tee shirts, and wearing a turtle shell. I just don't get it.
The Motorcycle cops around here are in short sleeves, no gloves and a half helmet (boots and pants), considering they are involved in high speed pursuits I have to wonder if those cruiser riders aren't being reasonably careful enough. But most every cruiser rider here doesn't wear a helmet and even about 50% of sportbike riders are shirtless.

05RR 10-11-2007 03:20 PM

The Motorcycle cops around here are in short sleeves, no gloves and a half helmet (boots and pants), considering they are involved in high speed pursuits I have to wonder if those cruiser riders aren't being reasonably careful enough. But most every cruiser rider here doesn't wear a helmet and even about 50% of sportbike riders are shirtless.
Yeah, it's the exact same around here. You see some weird **** in OH! Just the other day, I seen Amish people on a bike. They were real Amish too, not some costumes. Ohhh and the f**ked up one is, I seen a guy on an older Sportster with a young kid on the back, no helmet, no shirt, just shorts, sandles, and a bungee net across his lap...like it's suposed to be a seatbelt or something. You're right about the Cops. You would think that they'd be geared up or something. IDK...maybe they "can't" wear full gear because it could limit them to what they could do, in case they have to jump off the bike pretty fast to go chase a guy, or if they pulled someone over and the people seen some person in full gear they'd probally think that it was just someone who stole the bike and is messing with them. IDK...

Wildcat 10-12-2007 01:07 AM

Ohhh and the f**ked up one is, I seen a guy on an older Sportster with a young kid on the back, no helmet, no shirt, just shorts, sandles, and a bungee net across his lap...like it's suposed to be a seatbelt or something.
Now THAT'S a new one! :D

Hatebreed 10-12-2007 01:21 AM

woah woah woah.... it is a proven fact that the more displacement you have between your legs, directly corilates to how long your peter is... come on people havent you heard?

PlayfulGod 10-12-2007 01:24 AM

ORIGINAL: Hatebreed

woah woah woah.... it is a proven fact that the more displacement you have between your legs, directly corilates to how long your peter is... come on people havent you heard?
and in this case less brains lol

Hatebreed 10-12-2007 01:28 AM

haha i thought about writin that in too, but i figured it was a given.

meanstrk 10-12-2007 07:40 AM

Any pussy can wheelie a 1000. Try dragging a knee! :)

Donohu40 10-12-2007 07:50 AM

+1

05RR 10-12-2007 12:53 PM

ORIGINAL: meanstrk

Any pussy can wheelie a 1000. Try dragging a knee! :)
+1 :)