Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Milwaukee Sportbike Rally against Harley Fest

Old 08-28-2008, 09:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Milwaukee Sportbike Rally against Harley Fest

After my friend and i were givin the finger by some harley riders because we were riding cbr's, i was thinking of this.

So harley is having the 105th rally this weekend in milwaukee.. How about we get the sportbikes together for a rally of our own?? I was thinking of a parade of our own saturday or sunday.. maybe we can all meetup at brookfield square and drive down to miller park or summerfest... wherever.. We can just cruise around and take back our roads for an afternoon!!

Old 08-28-2008, 09:10 PM
Default RE: Milwaukee Sportbike Rally against Harley Fest

I can see where you are coming from, but I think we don't rally because we don't stoop to their level. Another factor is that you will be greatly outnumbered. There are so many bandwagon HD riders out there now it's not even funny. I have heard of them giving sportbike riders the finger before, and it won't be the last.

Old 08-28-2008, 09:22 PM

well it doesnt mean we cant still have a good ride.. even though we are outnumbered, we can still have a little glory??

Old 08-28-2008, 09:50 PM
Banned

+1 to Tacoma...I refuse to give into their pack mentality and their "holier than thou" attitude. A rider is a rider, even if that rider thinks he is too damn good to return a friendly wave to a sportbike rider.

Next thing you know, we'll buy into that same poisonous group mentality by doing something completely shallow, like creating an internet forum exclusively for Honda CBR's and we'll talk smack on all other bikes, especially Gixxers. I cannot participate in such shenanigans, even if Gixxers are primarily owned by talentless tools.

Old 08-28-2008, 09:51 PM

I am always up for a good ride....

Old 08-28-2008, 09:55 PM
Retired Moderator

I work at United Rentals, and a Harley dude came into my work to ask for donations for theirupcoming charity event. We have been involved in their toy run for years. I jokingly asked if sportbikes were allowed, and he was beside himself. He told me the local chapter of ABATE is dying to get sportbike riders involved, and they want to bridge the gap. We talked for awhile about how there is an unspoken crevasse between cruisers and sportbike riders. The problem is, we all have preconceived notions about the other, but we are ALL on two wheels. He was stoked that I would show up with my friends. What I know is this: cruisers can be dicks, sportbike riders can be dicks, noindividual rider is better than another, and we all have representatives that do not define who we are as riders. I am going to take my friends on this run and represent. In the end, we all have to watch out for those crazy people in a cage...sorry you had to deal with some ********. They do not define all Harley riders...