Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Metallica, oh yeah!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 04:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Metallica, oh yeah!

I wanna get a guitar myself. rock band, guitar hero, etc are alright but they're more oriented toward the kids, not us guys that want to actually know how to play guitar.

Old 09-12-2008, 04:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ They do have one for PC that you can plug in a real guitar and it teaches you how to play tabs. I forget the name though.

Old 09-12-2008, 04:17 PM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

ORIGINAL: TheX

ORIGINAL: exz5string

I'll sell you a guitar, had 12 now I'm down to 5 but only play 1 or 2 of them.
What you got?
Yaaaaa...whacchu gotz?
Yep, we're both wondering...

wut jo0 gotz

Old 09-12-2008, 04:46 PM
Retired Super Moderator

Yeah, whatcha got? everyone's interested..........

Old 09-12-2008, 07:18 PM

Just bought it after much debate. Im an old dude, and i was raised on the justice album, ride the lightning, master of puppets, kill em all also old school slayer, DRI, blah blah blah. Totally disapointed with the black album. Everything after that was also pure ****. I have to say this album kicks some ***. Its almost like ride the lightning light. Hetfield kinda screws it all up and i also miss Jason Newsted. So to all y'all considering buying this go ahead- i dont think you'll be disapointed. Someone else said it sounds like the album between Justica nd the black album. To me its like the album between lightning and the justice album. And plus its produced by rick rubin, how can ya go wrong with that?

Old 09-12-2008, 07:49 PM

got my copy today as well, and i'm very satisfied!!! sounds to me like the album between "master" and "justice"...i think getting back together w/rubin was the right call...and for everyone that thinks they pussed out and were washed up, look out 'cause it sounds like the boys are back with a vengence!!!

Old 09-12-2008, 08:44 PM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

ORIGINAL: exz5string

I'll sell you a guitar, had 12 now I'm down to 5 but only play 1 or 2 of them.
What you got?
Yaaaaa...whacchu gotz?
Yep, we're both wondering...

wut jo0 gotz
I've got a Schecter XXX, Conklin 7-string (actual first one off theproductionline, my old roommate was sponsored by Conklin & sold it to me), Cort s-9000 (one of a kindI won in a guitar playing contest, playing master of puppets got me that!), Cort E-50 acoustic, Epiphone strat (was my first ever). I've got a Cort Curbow 5-string bass, but would probably only be willing to sell the Cort s-9000, acoustic & Epiphone, gotta keep the others.
Check out: http://www.myspace.com/acetyleneburnthat's the site of my band, I play bass. We're currently writing new material and should start recording soon!

Old 09-12-2008, 10:31 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: kravguy

got my copy today as well, and i'm very satisfied!!! sounds to me like the album between "master" and "justice"...i think getting back together w/rubin was the right call...and for everyone that thinks they pussed out and were washed up, look out 'cause it sounds like the boys are back with a vengence!!!
"Back together w/ rubin?" They were never with him before...

I can't stop listening to cyanide. Also, for you guitar players out there that already played a few songs...the riff structure is much more like the old school shiznat...fast palm mutes on the E

Old 09-12-2008, 11:53 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Who is this Metallica you all speak of, last i checked they dissapeared Aug 26th 1988 after the release of their last album, And Justice For All. I would say the new album is dissapointing, but i was smart enough to not get my hopes up since their last ummwhat 5 albums or so are garbage.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:16 AM

hey now to all the GH and RB knocks, I played guitar before both and love both, it's interactive-listening to favorite songs, what's better? (no playing them yourself isnt, I know)
Schecters are pretty good, far as elec goes My dream would be a custom, satin finish, blue SG with 24 frets (currently have Epiphone Les Paul classic [heavy as ****], Takamine A/E, and Takamine Acoustic)

Quick Reply: Metallica, oh yeah!