Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

To the men and women who have worked/served overseas. I have some questions!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 10:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With that being said...

How civil are relations between our service men and women and contractors? I can understand there being a bit of bitterness on your side. I don't nessecerily approve of the idea anyway but you gotta get while the gettin's good ya know. This thread is in no way meant to belittle those who put their lives on the line for us here back at home. I'm just looking for advice on what to expect.

Old 12-06-2010, 02:34 PM

Again i wont tell you to not go, i had the same opportunity as you. I chose job security......relations? i have 2 good friends that are there. during my last deployment i lucked out and ended up in the same fob as one of em. alot of benefits, he had a vehicle. if i needed to get somewhere he would come get me. i went into his livin area for bar b que's and stuff. with that said, i hated working around civilians and askin them to "do their job". i hate the fact that if i need them to do their job and they dont and i feel like given them a piece of my mind.......well i could end up answering to my chain of command....i cant speak on all military members that were deployed working wit civilians but i can speak on me and my team.....

Old 12-06-2010, 02:58 PM

Thanks for the advice pimpin!

Another question for anyone who might know the answer.

What are my chances of a prior misedemeanor arrest for driving on a suspended lisence being a dealbreaker on a security clearance if one is needed?

Old 12-06-2010, 05:41 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jp_greenville13
Thanks for the advice pimpin!

Another question for anyone who might know the answer.

What are my chances of a prior misedemeanor arrest for driving on a suspended lisence being a dealbreaker on a security clearance if one is needed?
Won't be a show stopper , or should I say it shouldn't be unless it plays
into a negative overall profile !...... in other words there are no other issues..... at all.

Old 12-06-2010, 05:52 PM

just a couple of speeding tickets

Old 12-06-2010, 05:56 PM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want to be a contractor overseas in that area and carry a weapon. You need to have some qualifications. Also need some medical training as well. If you have any qualifications I can give you a number to call. I will not give the number out to waste there time though. You can PM me, I will let you know about it. Also if you do not want to carry a weapon and want to work over there I can help you out there also.

Old 12-06-2010, 07:13 PM
Official CBRF Decal Man

Originally Posted by Indiana Hurricane
If you want to be a contractor overseas in that area and carry a weapon. You need to have some qualifications. Also need some medical training as well. If you have any qualifications I can give you a number to call. I will not give the number out to waste there time though. You can PM me, I will let you know about it. Also if you do not want to carry a weapon and want to work over there I can help you out there also.

Please help.me 5 years prior service us army honorable discharge.

Old 12-06-2010, 07:34 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jp_greenville13
just a couple of speeding tickets
Don't we all ....

As for the rest of it, after being checked out, if you do get signed on by a halfway decent entity , then it's fairly safe to say they'd be handling most "arrangements" on your behalf.

Old 12-06-2010, 09:12 PM

Thanks again to everyone! Please keep the good info/oppinions coming!

Old 02-15-2011, 01:49 PM

For anyone who was interested in this I thought I'd bring it back to let you all know I got a call from a KBR recruiter today

Quick Reply: To the men and women who have worked/served overseas. I have some questions!