Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Memorial Thread?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 08:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Memorial Thread?

I was just wondering why some of the other riders that have gone down for good havent been put up there? I can understand locking the thread so nobody comes in there and speaks their mind and then make it a 30 page thread bout nothing, but why just one rider? Not tryin to take away from the seriousness of the thread and I think that it is a great idea but shouldnt all our bros on here that have gone down have their names on their as well?

Old 11-27-2007, 08:37 AM
Default RE: Memorial Thread?

Im not postitive Dizzie. But I think he was lost in Iraq considering he is a Marine. I dont think its for riders who have died riding.

Old 11-27-2007, 08:52 AM

ORIGINAL: CBR Jockey

Im not postitive Dizzie. But I think he was lost in Iraq considering he is a Marine. I dont think its for riders who have died riding.
he was lost riding...last summer. just sayin if were are gonna name our downed riders the least we could do is put them all up there as a reminder. unfortunately, if i recall right,we lost a couple last summer, just figure they diserve the same respect.

Old 11-27-2007, 09:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, Marine went down this last summer. I think we should add them all if we can gather the info to post.

Old 11-27-2007, 09:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there was ss954rr...

Old 11-27-2007, 10:39 AM

ORIGINAL: rrasco
I think we should add them all if we can gather the info to post.
there was a thread already with a few riders listed, but they never made it to the stickied thread

https://cbrforum.com/m_433618/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm

Old 11-27-2007, 10:57 AM

It's a nice thought, but I really don't like to hear about riders that died. I know it can happen on a bike, butI try to keep riding on a positive note and not a depressing one. I like to get on here and hear about all the fun we have on our bikes, not people dieing on them. I lost a good friend in a bike wreck and I miss him every day, but I do not have anything for him on my bike-it's just the way I am. Don't dwell on death-focus on life.

Old 11-27-2007, 11:08 AM

i understand what your saying, but most of the people on here havent even meet each other. we just talk to each other thru dialogue on the internet. we have all helped each other in one way or another on here, just think that it would be nice to remember the ones that have passed is all. i agree with you about not wanting to hear it, and trust me i am the same, hate hearing bout death. but, on the internet its so much easier to forget the ones that have passed because you havent really meet them in real life. just figure it would be respectful to at least have their handles on the thread so we wont forget ya know.

oh a lighter note, i started to read the other thread and noticed that hardcorp came up with the idea...basically that means that since we agree on something else, the world is truly coming to an end lol

oh, and i didnt know that the memorial thread was suppossed to be for all the riders that have gone down anyways, just thought that don came up with it on his own so i guess all in all this thread is pretty useless...other than the fact that we have another name to add now

Old 11-27-2007, 11:16 AM

^^ i understand what your saying, but i don't think it's dwelling on death. it's just the forums way of paying their respects and saying we will never forget them.

Old 11-27-2007, 11:35 AM

I agree then, This should be taken care of and any information on down riders we should add to this thread for the mods to take a look at.

Are their anymore riders you guys know of that have gone down?

Quick Reply: Memorial Thread?