Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Meet The New Member Of The Family!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 10:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Meet The New Member Of The Family!

Well I recently got a apartment for myself which kis kinda the reason I havent been trolling around as much. I've been in my new place for 3 weeks now and have the bike stored away in the garage under the house here. The funny thing is my car after only being here 2 weeks got hit by neighbor while he was drunk causing my car by his insurance standards to be a total. He destroyed my z3 fenders and bomex front end heres a picture. (I took the rims off my car luckly those didnt get damaged) Name:  000_3592.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  78.2 KB So obviously i needed a new car I was riding the bike in rain and wasnt to happy about this. When I hopped on creigslist and bought my new love...... Name:  000_3594.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  58.2 KB Shes a 95 mitsubishi 3000gt vr4 all wheel drive twin turbo v6 engine. I dare say shes faster than my bike and almost just as fun to drive. I juts thought I'd share my guts to glory story with my 2 wheel brothers.

Old 09-23-2006, 02:29 PM
Retired Administrator
Default RE: Meet The New Member Of The Family!

Tell you what... give me the key to your bike and we'll line them up to see if your car is faster. I know... what an offer, but that's the kind of guy I am.

Old 09-23-2006, 02:42 PM

Nice VR4!

Watch out though, if you post car stuff on a bike forum, you might get flammed. Just check out my thread in Sights N' Sounds. God forbid some of the members have an open mind about modes of transportation.

Old 09-23-2006, 03:25 PM

good for you!

that integra was HIDEOUS!!!!

that vr4 is rated at 320hp which it will put around 250whp to the wheels after going through the awd system. Your best bet is just to enjoy it and drive it and leave it alone. The transmissions in those things are EXPENSIVE as hell! Great cars, but they dont really take well to mods. If you do anything, get you a set of intakes, boost controller (dont be stupid with the bc, haha), a wideband to keep an eye on the a/f ratio, downpipes, exhaust, front mount intercooler (tiny sidemounts are ****), bov. If you get ballsy, get you 2 WRX turbos and bolt them on and go for glory.

and please, just leave the VR4 the way it looks. The factory did it best. Aftermarket bumpers and **** are retarded.

Old 09-23-2006, 04:30 PM

There is no way possible that car is faster than your bike. They're nice cars but they're heavy and take a few expensive mods to get them moving in the fast direction. NICE upgrade from the integra, congrats.

Old 09-23-2006, 05:14 PM

ORIGINAL: im4u2nv81

good for you!

that integra was HIDEOUS!!!!

that vr4 is rated at 320hp which it will put around 250whp to the wheels after going through the awd system. Your best bet is just to enjoy it and drive it and leave it alone. The transmissions in those things are EXPENSIVE as hell! Great cars, but they dont really take well to mods. If you do anything, get you a set of intakes, boost controller (dont be stupid with the bc, haha), a wideband to keep an eye on the a/f ratio, downpipes, exhaust, front mount intercooler (tiny sidemounts are ****), bov. If you get ballsy, get you 2 WRX turbos and bolt them on and go for glory.

and please, just leave the VR4 the way it looks. The factory did it best. Aftermarket bumpers and **** are retarded.
It actually came with most of those mods except boost control and intercooler. I plan on doing the boost control very soon the stock one is extremely inacurate. Intercooler might be a little further down the road. The car was also dropped two inchs, but I didn't plan on changing the body only doing the internal **** I'm out of the whole fiberglass phases I'm a stock outside kinda guy now.

Edit: I did race a suzuki sv650 and totally raped it but that is a v-twin so who knows...

Old 09-23-2006, 05:29 PM

Last time I was at the track I ran down a Lancer evo 14.006@103 with like a 1.7 or 8 60ft on winter treads. No way faster than your bike but alot more TQ than it has.