Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

MEET FOXY 3!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 11:50 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MEET FOXY 3!

Just what you need, another vehicle you dont drive

Nice ride Fox

Old 09-22-2008, 12:02 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

All it needs is a little Fox logo.......
Nice ride, Foxy !

Old 09-22-2008, 12:12 AM

ORIGINAL: TK954RR

Just what you need, another vehicle you dont drive

Nice ride Fox
[sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=lol.gif]

Old 09-22-2008, 12:12 AM

Very nice.

About them being quick...

Tey're bassically a WRX STI with a different body (the WRX guys have been cannibalizing parts off of the foresters for years to make their homebrew STI upgrades.
So hells yeah they're freakking quick.

Old 09-22-2008, 12:31 AM

Love. It's what makes people name their Subarus.

Old 09-22-2008, 01:36 AM

Nice Ride Fox! ... I give it a month before you add some foxy love to its sex appeal.

Old 09-22-2008, 02:36 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: RedRider07

Nice! What kind of gas mileage are you going to get out of it?
The first tank went quick. I was flooring that SOB everywhere, 4-wheel drifts, WOT starts, everything.........and I still managed 18 MPG. Currently, I'm on my 2nd tank, driving very carefully. I'm now right above 3/4 tank at 70 miles (and it's a 16 gallon tank), so I'm thinking right around 25-ish in the city, no bad for an AWD Turbo.

ORIGINAL: Red600RR

nice ride foxy...are those rear windows tinted??? A guy in town here has one...saw him driving it the opposite direction. They definetly catch your attention.

Bet the thing would do a hell of a burnout too
Yep, all the windows are tinted to about 25 or 20%.......even the sunroof the size of Japan is too (honestly, the sunroof extends from the front to the rear seats. It's easily 4 feet from front to back) And no burnouts (unless you are drifting around a corner.) The AWD system launches that thing off the line without a hind of tire spin.

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

Nice ride! Did you get it new or used?
Bought it used. Picked it up for a little over $12,000. NADA values it at right around $15,000.

ORIGINAL: dinez74

What year is it?
It's a 2004 Model.

ORIGINAL: WhiteDealershipRice

Very nice.

About them being quick...

Tey're bassically a WRX STI with a different body (the WRX guys have been cannibalizing parts off of the foresters for years to make their homebrew STI upgrades.
So hells yeah they're freakking quick.
Yeah, very quick. The STi's are still faster (less weight and more horsepower) but it's the same engine, just slightly de-tuned. I can throw a Cobb chip on it and unlock an extra 30-45 horsepower just by having the chip remap the computer and kick up the boost slightly. If I do the entire Cobb Intake, chip and exhaust, I'm looking at 70-90 hp gain.......which would be INSANE. (but there goes the fuel too).

Some future modifications are going to include the OEM grille guards (looks very good on these) and HID's in the headlamps and fog lamps. Im also looking to smoke the red part of the rear taillamps, but leave the clear turnsignal and reverse lamp lens clear. The smoke will just be the smoked transparent vinyl. I'm also looking to do the R8 LED's in the headlamps like my bike, as well as possibly have roof mounted spot lamps like the rally cars.

In the next year or so, I plan to have 17" Nexo PX-5 PCD POL Wheels with some good rubber.

Very soon I plan to upgrade the brakes slightly (nothing major, just carbon-ceramic pads with slotted rotors).......and tune-up the entire engine with new fluids, spark plugs, wires, coil, cap & rotor, belts, etc. etc.

Old 09-22-2008, 02:50 AM

Very nice. I might be getting a new ride as well very soon.

Old 09-22-2008, 03:19 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PHOTOSHOPS:

Alright, I did some photoshops. I would get a dark grey vinyl to do a two-tone on the bottom of the vehicle all the way around. I would also spray the front grille black to cover the chrome. And a bright-silver pinstripe above the dark grey to finish it off. In the rear, I would use transparent smoke-vinyl to cover the red on the lens, leaving the clear part of the light cut out. I think the after looks much better.......and sportier IMO.......

Name:  sub_before_front.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  72.5 KB

Name:  sub_after_front.jpg
Size:  73.0 KB

Name:  sub_before_rear.jpg
Size:  72.4 KB

Name:  sub_after_rear.jpg
Size:  73.9 KB

Old 09-22-2008, 03:39 AM

Wow it looks nice. I like the view from the back. Wouldn't have thought that color would go good with black.

Quick Reply: MEET FOXY 3!