Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Me Onstage...

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 01:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Me Onstage...

Many of you know I'm a pro ballet dancer, this is a video ofthe last performance my company produced. All of the performers are either my students or fellow teachers in my school. I am the scarecrow. (Who said you couldn't make a living out of goofing around?) Enjoy...
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...7804&hl=en

Both my wife and I own the school, and in all seriousness, there is no goofing around going on backstage or getting the production ready.

Old 08-11-2008, 02:58 PM
Default RE: Me Onstage...

nice dude. from what i can see in the quality of the video, it looks pretty serious. good costumes and all that, not like some of the crappy "recitals" my cousins put on. Congrats on a great performance

Old 08-11-2008, 08:20 PM

thanx. It is verry serious. We strive to put on Professional performances in which students participate, not the other way around. Glad you enjoyed it.

Old 08-11-2008, 08:50 PM

I'll admit i enjoyed it. I'm also from a performing arts bg and although ballet is not my thing, good stage work is good stage work. so on that note, keep up the good work

Old 08-12-2008, 06:24 AM

What Oreo hasn't said is that all of the music mixing/editing/lighting
was his own design, and that most of the costume work was done
by the art department (students) on his school.
The coreography was done by some of the dance teachers,
so this was truly an "Oreo original production"

Congrats!!

Old 08-12-2008, 06:52 AM

Wow!! That was excellent oreo!!

The lighting was excellent and the great props added to the awesome choreography.

Congrats

Old 08-12-2008, 06:59 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I just get the video is currently no available?? ..I often get this with youtube links you guys post ..it will say ..this video is not available in your country??

Jules

Old 08-12-2008, 07:03 AM

Hmm, the video is a google video stream so it shouldn't give that, its much more reliable than Youtube these days. Maybe try updating your flash version for your browser from the Adobe website. That might fix it.

Yeah with Youtube these days, you will have to keep hitting "F5" to refresh your page until the link works. The videos are there, you will just struggle to get a connection to it.

Old 08-12-2008, 07:15 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Nope still doesnt work here .. I tried with Safari, IE, and Firefox .. all just say "not available try again later" ??

I installed the flash plugin for firefox but now it just says install missing plugin instead of not available .. I click on install missing plugin which it does ..goes through all the motions of an install then I restart the browser and come back for it to still say install missing plugin ..I dont understand ..I thought the internet was the internet and an url should work wherever you are?? ..youtube is the worst for me ..half of the videos you guys post I cant watch because I keep getting "not available in your country" ... so I rarely get to comment ..

Jules

Old 08-12-2008, 07:26 AM

Damn, that sucks. The only other thing to do is to clear out all of your browser cookies and delete its downloaded files. It could be a caching problem on your pc that might be causing it at well. If that does not work then I am really stumped.