Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Me and my short fuse :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 08:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Me and my short fuse :(

Yesterday was a nice day so I decided to go get some stuff done on my bike. I took some rims up to my local cycle shop to get tires taken off/ changed. While I was waiting for the mechanic to come n get my rims to take them back to the shop, a guy came in and told me that he saw somebody back into my Camaro, act like they were going to come inside, and took off. So me, not thinking straight, decide to get into my car and find this car to get a plate number. It was a newer gunmetal/dark silver grand prix with dui plates. So anyway I took off (obviously speeding) and just when I was getting to the car in question, a state highway patrol got me 97 in a 55. Long story short, I got a ticket for speeding. Thanks a million to the guy that witnessed the car backing into mine stopping after seeing me pulled over, I believe until that point the cop thought I was making it up. The trooper was cool, and I think if the speed wasn't so high he would've let me go. As for the hit/skip idiot, there was a sheriff that came and took a crash report, he went to the cycle shop and got security camera footage, and possibly credit card info on the guy. The trooper told me that I can take it to court and bring my crash report, to see if the judge will take it easier on me, since nobody was around me when I was going that fast. On the other hand, I can just pay out the 220 dollar ticket and get 4 points

Old 03-08-2009, 09:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Take the troopers advice and go to court with the traffic report and ask for a break. No harm in asking.

Old 03-08-2009, 11:35 PM
Siggy Maker & All Round Good Guy

Hmmm, that doesnt sound like you blew a fuse. Just thinking too quickly.

Old 03-09-2009, 12:45 AM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On the other hand, I can just pay out the 220 dollar ticket and get 4 points
Don't do it. ALWAYS go to court. At bare minimum they'll reduce the fine and probably 2, maybe 1 point instead of 4. If your real lucky it'll get dismissed. BTW, I think you did real good running after them, so long as you didn't endanger yourself or others

Old 03-09-2009, 02:13 PM

^Always fight the ticket.. I got a 70 in a 40 last year.. decided to fight it, when i was there I didnt even say one word to the judge and they gave me a partial refund on my $197 fine and reduced my points to only 1 instead of 4 or 5.. The other speeding ticket I got was a 83 in a 55 and I got completely off scott free without and points.. Dodged a bullet on that one

Old 03-09-2009, 04:34 PM

Well the bad thing for me is last year I got four speeding tickets like an idiot (Dec 07, Jan 08, Feb 08, Apr 08) and the magistrate at the last court case told me if I get another ticket he would throw the book at me and give me 10 days jailtime so I don't know what to do. I was debating on getting a lawyer to try to fight it, one of my tickets last year I would've lost my license, but the lawyer got it dropped from 87 to 69 in a 65. Some of the speeding tickets I got last year had indirect causes of getting caught. Dec I was passing a guy at night that I believed was dui, sheriff was blacked out and pulled me over for speeding as I was passing him, jan was all me, running late to a football game I was playing in got caught, feb was all me too, trying to rush to a store before they closed so I could make it to my lady's soccer game on time, april I just got my my camaro I have now, had a guy cut me off then brake check me so I kicked out to the fast lane and passed him and got a ticket) Someone sugegest that I sue for the damages, the ticket, and the lawyer cost but I don't know what to do

Old 03-10-2009, 12:57 AM

lawyers are the name of the game! if you got the money, you'll get out of it

Old 03-10-2009, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by Hangfire
Got a ticket doing 120 on xmas day once (late for parents xmas 9 yrs ago), cop knocked it down to a minor speeding ticket, thats the ONLY one I didn't fight in court. If you can afford a lawyer, get one, they know tricks of the trade to get you out of even what appears to be an open and shut case. Hell maybe he'll pull the temporarily insane card, heh. Even with lawyers fees it will prolly save you money in the long run to get one. Most do free consultations, so I'd at least get a consultation and an opinion before you head into court alone.

+100 to this

Quick Reply: Me and my short fuse :(