Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

maybey someone can help !

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 04:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default maybey someone can help !

maybey one of you guys can help i need tires for my 06-1000 rr , i did a search for tire deals and besttire prices and found a couple websites i checked ride direct out they wanted300 for both front and back on Michelin Pilot Power, not the greatest deal i then checked on ridenowonline and they were 272.83 w/shipping and taxes not bad but was lookingfor a better deal , also checked affordable discount motorcycle tires.com and they qouted 116 for the front adn 165 for the rear and about 30bucks for shipping .. i need a good deal on both tires i would like to go with the Michelin Pilot Powerbut i really don't have 400 to burn as the cost of mounting is about 100 bucks too if anybody know of a place or knows of a good deal please help me out .. i know several of you guys can search the net better than i can. that is why i am asking for the help i seen deals for tire 209 but they were for 180-50-17,120-70-17 (i need 190-5-17(rear),120-70-17(front))any and all help on this matter would be greatly apprecaited

Old 03-28-2007, 04:41 PM
Default RE: maybey someone can help !

I get mine from RideNow. They are usually the cheapest (since shipping is included). But if you go get like a SportRider Magizine or Motorcyclist or something, you can look at the adds in there adn some with offer free shipping with purchases over $200 or something, and then will give you deals on top of that. I think retail for those are $139.99 for the front and $179.99 for the rear (but not sure). SoThe ridenow price isnt that bad. Who charges $100 for mounting. My place here charges $25 is you bring the bike and $18 if you just bring the rims in. I would check around for that too. You can check your local Walmart or Big 10 place because some of those places can do them as well for a lot cheaper than dealerships. Just look around. But The ridenow price sounds pretty good especially shipped. Check to see if you dealership can match the price and then they may deduct a little for shipping as well. Good luck man!

Old 03-28-2007, 05:46 PM

print out the best deal you can find then take it to your local shop. just say here is what i am payin, ask them to match it. they could possibly do it then you dont have to pay for shipping and you can get them right then and there. my place also does the mounting for free if you buy through them.

Old 03-28-2007, 06:03 PM

ummm yeah most online site buy in bulk and get a better price brake on tires. Most of the time they sell the tires below your dealers cost. More than likely your dealer is just going to laugh at your for asking for that price and then expecting free mounting, you asking for an *** kicking. Here's the best place online i've found

http://sportbiketrackgear2.homestead.com/michelin.html

Old 03-28-2007, 06:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

have you checked ronayers.com yet?

Old 03-28-2007, 06:46 PM

yeah i checked a bunch more sites on my lunch break but stumbled appon somebody on hear talking how they went with a different tire completly and it was continental sport attacks ! the tread on them is bad so ichecke dthe priceson them and fornd that ride direct sold them i got both front and back for 219.90 and that included shipping (free i think).. but i ordered them up and as far asthe shops hear in town when i get the tires i am going to price check around town and had no ideal car places could do motorcycles tires too plus i need tostop by a place today need new chain lube and see what they charge thank agin for all of the help guys

Old 03-28-2007, 11:28 PM

$100 bucks to mount and balance seems REALLY high. What state are in?

Old 03-29-2007, 03:17 PM

AZ