Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Maybe a new Bike

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 11:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maybe a new Bike

Well guys...i might be gettin a new bike. I really dont know though. I'm attached to my F3, a lot of blood, hard work, and love in her. Recently ive had the urge to get a new bike though sooo.... What i have found is a 2002 F4i, 16k, fresh tires, and only some very small scratches on the right side where it looks like it was tipped over slowly on smooth concrete. Its being sold by a used bike dealer close to me. Only upgrade to the bike is a D+D slip on which i will get rid of as soon as i can get my grubby little hands on a two brothers pipe...
anyways, they are offering me $2500 for a trade for my bike, and i am selling my dirt bike for $1400. I think i may try to sell my F3 on craigslist for 3k, then i would only owe them $100. After i get it i wouldn't even bother registering and insuring it til spring anyways...just polish it up..every...single...day...
Heres some links and pics:
http://www.flykittymotorsports.com/inventory.htm
http://www.flykittymotorsports.com/xpix/02f4i_16k.htm

Here you can see the only damage to the bike on the fairings:

Any advice or words or criticisms about the deal, or the bike are appreciated...Anything to point out about it..please do.

Old 10-24-2008, 11:11 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Default RE: Maybe a new Bike

do it if you can. the f3's are great bikes when your starting out but there are so many better bikes available.

Old 10-24-2008, 11:29 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

You would only regret it till your first ride, then you would wonder why you waited so long.

Old 10-25-2008, 02:55 AM

Wow, it looks really clean. I say go for it.

Old 10-25-2008, 03:03 AM

owe 100 bucks??? Hmmm, wonder what the interest rate will be.

Go for it man!! I've actually been really growing on the F4i's. Thinking bout making the jump, just not sure I can afford insurance, so I might have to wait.

Old 10-25-2008, 03:07 AM

sounds like you have a good plan and thought it out enough. i think you are ready for the move

Old 10-25-2008, 03:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds to me like you have made up your mind. Just need affirmation, I say don't do it, you will regret it......................
Just kidding, looks nice, go for it. New bike, you lucky bastard.

Old 10-25-2008, 06:30 AM

My first inclination is to go for it.

Look at it this way just in case though: What if your dirbike sold for $1,100 and the F3 went for $2,700. It is the end of the season after all, and when weather is a factor (as it is in NY), sometimes you just can't get exactly what you want for a bike. If that were the case, you'd owe $700. Would that work out for you? If so, go ahead. Try to bring them down by a few hundred though. They probably got it in trade for $3,500.

Were you planning on picking up the F4i first, then selling your old ones? I wouldn't recommend it, but it's probably what I would do in that situation, if I were very confident that there was a market for the bikes being sold.

Keep in mind that both sales might take a few months. You should definitely put both bikes on Craigslist right now regardless, just to feel out the market. If you decide not to sell, you don't have to. This will just give you an idea whether they both will sell.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:09 AM

leave the D&D.....gottalove that obnoxious blast those things kick out...I had a pair on a TL1000R......everyone called it the rumble monster.

do you people on the east coast ever even ride these things???? mine looks that clean for about an hour.....bugs.....brake dust...road sludge

Old 10-25-2008, 08:21 AM

i think i have made up my mind as well...its just selling the F3 for as much as i want for it. I cannot get the bike unless i sell my F3 or borrow money from someone but i dont know anyone with that much laying around. *hint*
i would love to pick it up now and sell my f3 in the spring when its worth boat loads more, but i just dont have the funding for that.