Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Maybe It's Because I'm New...

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009 | 10:14 AM
|

Originally Posted by Endless
Its the the old grey haired mid 70' year old hotrodders with their finely tuned 34's that they have been working on for the past 40 years you have to worry about.
I totally agree...but most of those guys are grizzled and wizened enough not to feel the need to drag from a stoplight.

I know a guy running a STi around here who has never lost to a bike that I'm aware of. My understanding is that he usually does a rolling start from 40, which is obv in his favor, but his car is crazy--I know for a fact he has beat my buddy's 05 CBR600 from a stop. Apparently they were even up to about 80 or 90, then the car took him. But he clearly (as someone mentioned before) put waaaaay more money into his car than most of us do into our bikes.

On another note, a beamer wanted to race the other night. I beat him too. I know its not smart, but I'm a speed freak, I can't resist a race as long as the highway is clear. Anyway, I was cruising at about 80, he pulls up next to me, looks at me and gestures to race, then takes off. He had his girl in the car, probably wanted to show off. I let him go at first.

But I couldn't resist, and caught him and passed him at about 110ish (the road was way long and straight by the way). He was pretty fast, but he never really had a chance. Why do people in bone stock or dang close cars try to race? Do they really think they can win? Or are they just attempting to compensate for something?

Old 04-06-2009 | 04:54 PM

I was out one day and there was a ricer trying to get a Dodge diesel to race. The dodge didn't go for it at first, but at the next light it was ricer in the left lane, Dodge in the center lane, and me in the right lane. (V8 grand cherokee) The light turned green and they take off. I think WTH and mash it. I catch up to the dodge, pass him, and I don't see any ricer. It wasn't until the dodge slowed that the ricer caught up. Why do these dolts think they are so fast?