Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Maybe It's Because I'm New...

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009 | 08:26 PM
|
Question Maybe It's Because I'm New...

But do all you other CBR owners have rice rockets consistently wanting to race? Maybe I asked for it since I ride my bike to see Fast & Furious last night, but seriously. I saw 3 SRT-4's, 2 civics, and at least 4 or 5 other cars of different makes and models. On my way home I pulled up to a light next to an Acura (I switched to the right lane so I could be first in line even though I had to make a left turn at the next light, maybe 300 meters down the road). And, of course, he wants to race.

Ok, so I took off and beat him (If I didn't something is wrong...) and went home peacefully. But does anyone else experience this? 99% of the time a rice rocket will have no chance of beating a bike. It just doesn't happen. Why do ricers insist on trying anyway?

Old 04-04-2009 | 09:57 PM

it's not just the rice rockets, had couple mid 20's guys trying to get me to race them in a beat up 80's camaro.

Old 04-04-2009 | 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by frozenpoet
it's not just the rice rockets, had couple mid 20's guys trying to get me to race them in a beat up 80's camaro.
There is nothing wrong with a 80 muscle car.... or mid 20's guys. But Yeh I hate little ricers wanting to race but it spices things up... my fav is two weeks ago I had a honda civic with a turbo hit its rev limiter beside me at a light.

Old 04-05-2009 | 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by rellimdekim
There is nothing wrong with a 80 muscle car.... or mid 20's guys. But Yeh I hate little ricers wanting to race but it spices things up... my fav is two weeks ago I had a honda civic with a turbo hit its rev limiter beside me at a light.
No there's not, considering I'm mid/late 20's, never been a fan of the 80's camaro. I do like the 70's camaro though, but I live in redneck ville and it was stereotypical car driver combo.

Old 04-05-2009 | 04:48 AM

I keep getting trucks trying to race me. most of the time i let them go. Cause there not gonna pay my phototicket.

That an harleys.. they see I have an old cbr, and think to themselves they have a chance at beating me lolol

Old 04-05-2009 | 01:56 PM
Siggy Maker & All Round Good Guy

I think "tuners" or imports like to try and race just because they will do that to anything on wheels. A lot of them will pull up to a granny pushing a shopping cart and rev their engines. I dont really think it has to do with you having a CBR. As far as other racers go not many have a chance but i was humbled yesterday because i can usually go around being like: "I can smoke you, i can smoke you..." tallying up my ego but yesterday i went to a car show and the guys with superchrgers who will do 0-100 in about 3 kind of put me in my place.

Its the the old grey haired mid 70' year old hotrodders with their finely tuned 34's that they have been working on for the past 40 years you have to worry about.

Last edited by Endless; 04-05-2009 at 02:00 PM.
Old 04-05-2009 | 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Endless
I think "tuners" or imports like to try and race just because they will do that to anything on wheels. A lot of them will pull up to a granny pushing a shopping cart and rev their engines. I dont really think it has to do with you having a CBR. As far as other racers go not many have a chance but i was humbled yesterday because i can usually go around being like: "I can smoke you, i can smoke you..." tallying up my ego but yesterday i went to a car show and the guys with superchrgers who will do 0-100 in about 3 kind of put me in my place.

Its the the old grey haired mid 70' year old hotrodders with their finely tuned 34's that they have been working on for the past 40 years you have to worry about.
yeah there are cars that can beat us but they have waaay more then 10k invested in them. Some of us don't even have 10k into our rides.

Old 04-05-2009 | 09:12 PM

yesterday for me, it was a mini van on the highway and a early 90's buick. awesome.