Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Mass Effect

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 05:34 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mass Effect

How many of you have played Mass Effect? I am playing it right now (not this second...it is my current game), and I almost have to quit my job because I love it so much and want to play it in one sitting! For those who don't know anything about it, it is an RTS, made by the people who did K.O.T.O.R. (one of my favorites of all time), and has a very similar feel (game mechanics a little different). Anyway, I highly recommend it for those that like this genre of games. Food for thought...

Old 01-30-2008, 05:52 PM
Default RE: Mass Effect

i just beat it man. tied with cod4 as my fav game for the 360.just wait till u get to the last couple hours.you wont believe it!man what a game.

Old 01-30-2008, 06:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds awesome! I've heard alot of good things about it. Guess I'll pick up a copy when they drop the price. I just can't bring myself to pay $60 for a video game...

Old 01-30-2008, 06:17 PM

ORIGINAL: matt_m427

Sounds awesome! I've heard alot of good things about it. Guess I'll pick up a copy when they drop the price. I just can't bring myself to pay $60 for a video game...
^^ Thats one main reason I do not own a xbox or ps3 or anything like that.

Old 01-30-2008, 06:40 PM
Retired Moderator

I didn't buy it. I rented it from Gamefly. That works out pretty good for me because I don't want to buy something and then realize it sucks (plus more money for mods ).

Old 01-30-2008, 06:58 PM

yeah thats pretty steep but honestly this game has as good a story as any hollywood picture. i buy a game maybe twice a year. this one was definitly worth buying+its so damn long you ll really spent some money renting trying to beat this one unless u got lots o time.iam busy alot so buying carefully makes more sense to be.btw cod4 a MUST HAVE also.

Old 01-30-2008, 07:09 PM

Since Compusa is shutting down they have games 20% off right now.

Here's some good reviews on it if ya dont know about it.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/arti...on-Mass-Effect

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/fu...ael/1210219478

Old 01-30-2008, 08:08 PM

I just bought the XBOX...and GOD have I had some fun with it. I'm gonna write this title down...maybe rent first. I was playing MotoGP 07 yesterday...THAT is one awesome game. I just gotta quit taking everyturn at 150 MPH!!!! Wooopppssadddaaiiissyyyy....into the gravel everytime...makes for a hilarious playback though...nobody can accuse of me of chicken strips on that game!

Old 01-30-2008, 08:49 PM

Wow I didn't know you played Knights Voodoo! Great game...Bioware dominates.

Wait...you guys are X-Box go-getters huh. That's cool, but I'm gonna wait for ME on PC.

Speaking of Bioware, they are now part of the EAvil Empire...and I heard Atari has, or will stop distributing games...[] not enough of us D&D geeks I guess...and by 'us' I mean 'me', and me alone

Old 01-30-2008, 09:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only game I've actually paid $60 for...

I borrowed from my friend, found out how freakin' awesome it was, and bought it the next day.

The game... "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion"

I never really played the magic/role playing games until this one... hope nobodys offeneded but I thought they were for nerds / geeks. But let me tell you, this game is AWESOME!!! I've logged in like 90 hours and am still only 70% complete with the total game. I bought the Game Of The Year edition which had two expansion packs... This game rocks!!!
[sm=icon_rock.gif]

Sorry about hijacking the thread...lol.

Quick Reply: Mass Effect