Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

In the market for 2pc suit

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 12:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In the market for 2pc suit

Ok I'm in the market for a 2pc suit I think this season. I've got some bills paid off and a bit more income and I want to rider harder so I need to be safer and hopefully do some track days this season or next. What I'm looking for is a 2 piece suit that is nice and cool. I've seen some leather jackets with the little holesor whatever, do they make suits like that too? I don't really want to drop $1300 on a suit either but if that's the only way to go then I guess so be it.

I want 2pc so that I have a leather jacket so if I'm just riding to work or to the store or something I don't need to wear the pants and everything but I want to have them for days that I go out RIDING. Does anyone have or know of anything that sounds like what I'm looking for? I go into the stores but they don't have anything to look at and the sales people usually don't have a clue. :/

Mike

Old 03-11-2008, 12:25 PM
Banned
Default RE: In the market for 2pc suit

There are plenty of used, like-new track suits on the privatye market.I've recently seen a couple of sets (one Alpinestars, and JoeRocket) for less than $500.

It's not like a wet-suit, people don't pee in them... well, they shouldn't

Old 03-11-2008, 12:26 PM
Banned

Sorry, found them on Craigslist!

Old 03-11-2008, 03:06 PM

Ok so since about 1030 this morning I've been looking for suits online. I'm going to get fired. lol I found three that I think I might like and I'm curious ifanyone has had any of these and their thoughts.

I'm looking at the Joe Rocket GPX Type R, Alpine Stars SG-1, and the Alpine Stars Octane. Currently I'm leaning the most towards the SG-1 because that has perforated leather all on the chest and crotch (I likes my air flows!) and I think that would help keep me the coolest. The only thing that sucks is you can't wash leather, I wonder if you can dry clean them? lol I sweat like it's nobodies business when I'm riding. =/

Mike

Old 03-11-2008, 04:19 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have alpinestars gear. track day pants, mx-1 jacket, smx-r boots.......brand new and shopping around a total of $1,200.

Old 03-11-2008, 04:20 PM

also, all my gear ventilates WELL!!! you can feel the air move through the boots, pants and jacket nicely.

take a look at www.wickedthunder.com , he has unbeatable prices on some stuff. if he doesnt have what you're looking for, shoot him an email.

Old 03-11-2008, 04:39 PM

Cool thanks man will do. I'm working with newenough.com right now they seem to be really nice and respond really quick.

Another thing, if I buy a suit can I send someone my knee pucks and can you scrape them up for me? I want to look like I can ride. lol! I'm not kidding either. That would just look really retarded wearing a suit with brand new fresh pucks.

Mike

Old 03-11-2008, 04:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

try out newenough.com

I've been looking there and as far as I can tell - some of the best prices... and reputable places. Also - check out the close out section as sometimes you find a JR gpx suit for $350/450

I think they have the GPX suit for ~540 regular price:
http://www.newenough.com/protective_..._racing_suits/

Vector 1 or 2 peice: $630
http://www.newenough.com/closeouts/l...ets_and_pants/

Old 03-11-2008, 04:55 PM

www.newenough.com that "woot" posted is a EXCELLENT place to atleast view alot of detailed pics of what you want, if you end up not ordering from them. that website alone is what made me decide to go w/ the smx-r boots over all the other A* boots because i saw that there was not much velcro involved. although i didnt order FROM that website, it was extremely helpful in choosing whati wanted.

Old 03-11-2008, 05:50 PM
Banned

Hey guys...

He said he's been dealing with newenough.com already.

Quick Reply: In the market for 2pc suit