Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Makes sense.

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 02:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Makes sense.

Getting a good parking spot is near impossible in my town in the summer and since i work on the boardwalk/beach the closest spots are usually like a 10 minute walk away. But of course one of the benefits of our two wheeled machines is we can fit in almost any space/park almost anywhere.

So i ride to work today and as usual i ride right up to one of the first few spots on the street like 10 feet away from where i work and back into one of them which is already occupied by a car, but its pulled all the way up and theres plenty of room for me behind it.

As im getting off the bike a lady walking down the street comes up to me and goes "that isnt fair you know" and i was gonna laugh it off cuz i thought she was joking. Buuuuut she was serious and was just staring at me so i looked at her and asked why not? her response was just "because it isnt". so i was like "uhhhh okkkk....then would it be fair if i found a spot up here and took up the whole thing with my bike instead of just this foot wide section of it so that a car can still fit here also?" And of course all i get back is a ".................no." so i said "okkkk so wheres it fair for me to park then? I can fit in the space, i can park here." She just stared at me blankly for about 5 seconds before shaking her head and walking off.

Anyone else ever get stupid sh*t from people for parking in certain spots? Every spot on the street is marked off and as long as the vehicle is within the lines for that spot it doesnt matter how many bikes/cars/whatever are in there. I dont understand some peoples logic.

Old 06-19-2011, 07:03 AM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds fair to me. Risky though. Hope the driver looks behind before backing up to maneuver out of the spot.

Old 06-19-2011, 10:58 AM
August 2011 ROTM

I never got any nasty comment so far. When I have to park on the street at the gym, I always try to park all the way in the front of parking spot. I am out of the line but never gotten a ticket yet

Old 06-19-2011, 07:47 PM

Is this seaside or point pleasant? I would get ready for a ticket soon...

Old 06-20-2011, 12:07 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

**** seaside.

Old 06-20-2011, 12:49 AM

yeah its point pleasant. as long as the tires are within the marked off parking spaces ill never get a ticket, thats the only law for parking on the street. Every tire of your vehicle has to be within the spot, if its on or over the line youll get a ticket otherwise they dont care. I was just scratching my head cuz shes telling its not fair that i can do that when i legally can and then telling me its not fair if i had a whole space to myself either, sooo that means its not fair to motorcycles to park anywhere. If she had a car that was 3 feet long she couldve parked it there too.

Old 06-20-2011, 01:24 AM
August 2011 ROTM
Default cranky old lady

Name:  angry_old_lady.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  19.2 KB

Name:  000ckz7q.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  14.3 KB

Old 06-20-2011, 01:28 AM

she was probably just angry she had to walk and i didnt. I shouldve told her to go buy a bike and shut up.

Old 06-20-2011, 01:36 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just move to Europe and you'll be able to plop it anywhere you want.

Well that's what I do anyway.

Old 06-20-2011, 01:53 AM

i park on sidewalks and weird spots that arent parking spaces all the time just cuz i feel like a dick taking up a whole parking space with my little ol' bike. Buuut I have to park in a real spot on the street when i go to work though unless i want to pay to park in a lot or get a ticket every day.

Quick Reply: Makes sense.