Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Maintenance Issue MY !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 07:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Maintenance Issue MY !!!!

You seem angry because it sounds like you have had some crappy experiences. You need to find places that do quality work. I will vouch that every Tech at my dealership is responsible for the vehicle they work on, period. If they do bad work, they are gone. I would be pissed if I took my bike to a shop and they couldn't get the filter off. That is just bad business. The cost per shop hour is the thing that changes from place to place, but the times required to do certain jobs should be pretty much the same everywhere.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:12 PM

It was the local Honda shop. I'm not so mad that they couldn't get the filter off, it's more that I paid them 80 bucks for nothing.
In the end it just hurts them, because I won't ever buy a new bike from them, or even parts.

I have the feeling the laws and regulations are alot better in America, then here in Canada.

Old 01-15-2009, 04:36 AM

Don't feel bad, I think I hit the same luck too. Last year my ex kicked me out so I had to move in with my folks again and I had to pay my half of the remaining rent. So I moved in with my folks broke as a joke. So I saved little bit of money, and went to school, $6k later with this economy and my behavior I didn't get the job, but still have to pay the bill, 6 months of 50hrs a week of bs school, 20hrs a week on my job, collected lots of bills, lost weight, and here I am in 2009 working my *** off trying to pay the bills off so I can get on my own again, decided as soon as I pay all the bills off go back to school. well everything was going fine, till last week, my beater geo decided to die on me on my way to work, so I had a friend pick me up and tow the car to my works parking lot, cause drive way at my folks place is too steep, hate that thing. So in the mean time decided to use my other car to get to work, 00 mustang, drove to work, worked on the geo ( beater), couldn't figure it out, thought it was timing related, but son bitch is on there, and all the timing marks line up perfect. So I left there ( 14 degs sucks), worked and on my way home the stupid mustang died, not getting any fuel ( I replaced the pump last year), so I don't think it's a pump, but besides a control module and fuel rail pressure sensor not much left and I just feeled that tank up all the way too[:@]. So here I am, one car at work broken, second car couple of miles away from work broken ( hopefully it'll be there tomorrow), all I have is my bike, but I am not riding that bastard in 4deg weather, plus I took insurance off of it for the winter, so don't need a ticket. People at work had a blast, asked me how I am going to get to work, on my bike? laughing. So I have to talk to my boss tomorrow and see if he'll give me my vacation, cause I don't have any way to get to work. So, not looking forward to working on a car in 10deg weather, but I have no choice, hopefully I could get a ride to the car tomorrow, if not well I am screwed.

So plan for 2009 is to pay all the bills off and start from scratch next year, cause I won't be able to afford school this year, oh and my computer I think just picked up some kind of virus, and I am out of smokes, ****.[:@]