Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

main dislike of begining of riding season

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 12:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default main dislike of begining of riding season

Mass amount of poeple who have no idea how to ride a bike. Doing exactly what they don't know how to do in traffic. You know we all had to learn at one point, but some people amaze me with lack of common sense. Is this a problem everywhere. Squids.

I just saw a guy weaving like crazy in front of me pulling up to a stop light. Then it gets better he puts one foot down to support him and the chick that was on the back. Plus he was wearing shorts. He takes off the same way. Then at the next light which was red way before we got there he tries to start talking to me. Hell i hadn't even stopped moving. and he is yelling and waving. Which would be fine if the light had just turned red, but as soon as i stopped it turned green so i went. Going the speed limit and look back and here he comes flying back up. How do you convey "dude back up i don't want you to fall into me at the next light" with hand signals. I would hate to be the girl on the back of that bike. Hell i dont even like to take passengers on my bike. Makes me worry to much. Death by dumb *** is not so bad if you go down alone. I prefer the end of summer when the squids have either wrecked there bike or gotten to many CNIs to ride theres.

Old 04-03-2007, 01:30 AM
Default RE: main dislike of begining of riding season

funny about the guy trying to waive you down. I'm all for meeting new riders to roll with our crowd, but if I'm just cruisin somewhere I'll throw the deuce and be on my way. I don't want to pull over and talk to you about how awesome we are because we have bikes... I know. If I roll to a bar or somewhere that bikers congregate that means im lookin to meet new peeps, it's just like mackin on chicks, some fellas just never gonna understand.

Old 04-03-2007, 02:18 AM

haha, i feel your pain, i was on the highway and a guy on a brand new gsxr comes flying past me (tshirt and shorts) doing around 110, weaving in and out of traffic, and pissing people off left and right. I was hoping a cop was up ahead of us, and sure enough i was right, red and blues waved the squid over to the side of the road and i went by smiling...

Old 04-03-2007, 02:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats the problem, every joe blow that sees one dick head manouver, that then catergorise us all as the same. I've even been abused by some dorks at a set of lights because of wot some other guy did miles back. (they assume that we all know each other) As for a guy wearing a pair of shorts while riding, I don't have any sympathy really if he where to come off. I saw a guy wearing em the other day, T-shirt & and pair of thongs (flip flops), mindless creature on his cruiser (I won't come off cos I'm such a good rider duh). We have the Easter week-end coming up & the Road Authority will then institute the great double demerit point & fines campaign, because of exactly wot your getting at, a small minority of idiots that kill themselves (and unfortunately others), because they think that riding or driving on the open road is the same as suburbia.

Old 04-05-2007, 12:12 AM

yeah i went and got my bike inspected yesterday and got treated like **** for the first 5 min till the guy realized i wasn't a squid. It was a custom cruizer shop i went to that sold Big Dog motorcycles and he was razin me about my bald back tire. I told him i was getting ready to buy one and he gave me on of those whatever looks. Went back inside and started talking a little more and he warmed up to me. Once he figured out i wasn't a complete idiot

Old 04-05-2007, 12:25 AM

My main dislikes about the start of "riding season" is all the salt/sand/rocks all over the place for the first few weeks. After traffic has had a chance to clear it all to the shoulders it's SOOO much better. I can't enjoy a helmetless ride at all in those conditions, too much grit makes it under the googles. That and the roads; turning anywhere, need so much more caution and ease.

And no, I am no squid. The gear I choose depends on the type of riding I plan on doing. There really isn't anything like "feeling" the ride with your whole body (mostly). But I also recognize the "security" and quiet/peace of riding geared and helmeted. Again, depends on the type of riding I'll be doing.
Slow/casual/taking in nature/strolling/etc: No helmet, protective glasses/goggles, jeans, leather shoes, gloves, t-shirt and sometimes my mesh Shift jacket
Aggressive/fast/adrenaline/etc.: FULL gear, head to toe.

I do need new leathers though for this year, my "Chopper" jacket looks vintage now. It's seen MANY types of weather. As for the bottoms, I have yet to decide; chaps or full pant.

Old 04-05-2007, 12:31 AM

i don't wear gear when i ride to work,but i only go 8 miles. Other than that i try to wear gear,but like you if i aint' doin much i tend to forget it on those quick runs across town. I am goiing to buy a mesh jacket for this summer so i will wear it more when the temps get high. it sucks to sit in traffic on a motor in 100 heat in leather and a full face helmet. as for the helmet it's a law so no choice but i would choose to anyways. My aria has hella air flow and is super quiet.

Old 04-05-2007, 12:35 AM

This is some funny shznit!for the most part I won't ride with people I don't know. If a friend vouches for someone I'll be cool but I'll ride the rear to see what they're all about. Some people talk a good game but others walk it. I'm not all that but I like to make sure I'll make it home every night with out some toolbag apologizing for taking me out.

Old 04-05-2007, 12:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

squid season usually runs from early april thru mid june, and they did alot of breeding over the winter cause im seein these ****s everyyyyywhere

Old 04-05-2007, 01:16 AM

ORIGINAL: KingMushroom

My main dislikes about the start of "riding season" is all the salt/sand/rocks all over the place for the first few weeks. After traffic has had a chance to clear it all to the shoulders it's SOOO much better. I can't enjoy a helmetless ride at all in those conditions, too much grit makes it under the googles. That and the roads; turning anywhere, need so much more caution and ease.

And no, I am no squid. The gear I choose depends on the type of riding I plan on doing. There really isn't anything like "feeling" the ride with your whole body (mostly). But I also recognize the "security" and quiet/peace of riding geared and helmeted. Again, depends on the type of riding I'll be doing.
Slow/casual/taking in nature/strolling/etc: No helmet, protective glasses/goggles, jeans, leather shoes, gloves, t-shirt and sometimes my mesh Shift jacket
Aggressive/fast/adrenaline/etc.: FULL gear, head to toe.

I do need new leathers though for this year, my "Chopper" jacket looks vintage now. It's seen MANY types of weather. As for the bottoms, I have yet to decide; chaps or full pant.
I hope you're kidding.
I'm only saying this because I care. Please wear a helmet, man. Sure, I can understand if you take a nice slow stroll around that you don't want to wear a helmet, but it takes a few seconds to slap it on and you're on your way. You bought it for a reason, so get your money's worth. Also, you can't control how other people drive. You may be able to control how you drive, but that may not always be enough. Wear a helmet. Again, only because I care.

Quick Reply: main dislike of begining of riding season