Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

This made me laugh.. moto fashion faux pas

Old 01-07-2010, 02:36 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default This made me laugh.. moto fashion faux pas

http://www.steadyonthehumble.com/?p=905

He left out JUST retardedly big sunglasses (and gloves). I have some that were 6 bucks at the dollar store.. fit just right and somehow don't fly off.. I got pretty upset when I broke them in my gigantic purse of crap. I have some 30 some dollar clear foamy riding glasses I couldn't give 2 chits about.. They fog and they glare and they suck.. that is neither here nor there..

Old 01-07-2010, 03:56 AM
November 2009 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The "HI-Viz" suit..........Geezus,youd be seen from Interstate wearing that,maybe its for wanna be Motorcycle cops.....
The Girl on the bike with the boots..........that could have 1000's of De-motive Posters........

Old 01-07-2010, 05:24 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I've worn sunglasses underneath a clear visor when I set out and knew I'd be back after dusk... beats having to keep a spare visor on you. I'm also glad there are people out there who look at brand stickers on bikes like car people look at brand stickers on cars as ricey. I thought it was just a bike thing to be ricey (in that way).

Old 01-07-2010, 09:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the message from Captain Negative! I can't get those two minutes back.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:18 AM

WTF?

I get the excessive stickers comments... the dude in gloves but no jacket... the assless chaps (LOL)...

But the sunglasses? Oh hey, I ride for more than a 5-minute period and when I am riding at dusk I can take my sunglasses out and keep my clear shield down and not be riding blind...

How ya gonna make fun of a dude having a rain suit? Mine is flamboyant and ridiculous looking, but I rode 2 hours at 50 degrees a few weeks ago in the rain and made it back dry and warm. Faux pas? lol at the poser that's worried about what he looks like in the rain and cold.

Tucking jeans into boots? I'll give it to him in the pic he posted, but I get a lot less air flow in the chilly weather when I tuck my jeans and thermal underwear into my boots so I'm going to go back to funcionality vs. looking cool on that one. I'll go with warm over the look.

Anyone that cares that much about what they look like on a bike as to be picking out those details... oy. Get a clue, imo.

Last edited by chuckbear; 01-07-2010 at 10:27 AM.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:19 AM

I wonder if that dude is a ducati elitest..or just a regular ol' armchair elitest?

Old 01-07-2010, 11:13 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think he's just like that guy maddox who just writes random BS to get hits. A lot of that is just filler to make some other random comment. Hating on Icon gear? And dude, those chain wallets are punk rock, I've never even heard that biker wallet connotation before.

Old 01-07-2010, 11:44 AM

Yeah some of what he said didn't really make sense, but it was funny all the same. Something about wallet coming out of the pocket and getting tangled up and pooping his pants or whatever he said.. Just the way he worded stuff was funny..

I dunno why he's baggin on sunglasses/clear visor. Seems impractical to carry another visor unless you already have some place specific to put it..

And that girl with the boots.. she doesn't demotivate me. ;-) I wish I had some ridiculous power ranger boots to tuck my pants into. In the market for a gimmick. So far I think cheesey sunglasses and animal print sounds good for spring. I need some assless chaps!! I also need a sticker for my bike that says, "I love suts." And I need to find some skinny B's&H's to ride around. I rode my bf around, it was awesome.. he's a big boy too. People were eatin that chit up.

Old 01-07-2010, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by meggers
I wish I had some ridiculous power ranger boots to tuck my pants into. In the market for a gimmick. So far I think cheesey sunglasses and animal print sounds good for spring. I need some assless chaps!! I also need a sticker for my bike that says, "I love suts." And I need to find some skinny B's&H's to ride around. I rode my bf around, it was awesome.. he's a big boy too. People were eatin that chit up.
I expect to see pics in the spring time. lol

Old 01-07-2010, 12:11 PM

You betcha.. it's comin. I hope to have two bikes by then. I think my bf's dad is gonna kill me... takin up his garage like that. hahaha I let him ride my f4i. It was awesome. :-)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: This made me laugh.. moto fashion faux pas