Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

love the weather...?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 11:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default love the weather...?

heres a nice one....

well i pretty much been riding alot lately...and around here at this time of the year it rains ALOT. its tropical heavy rains...

and i just wanted to know whats the worst weather anyone has ever ridden in?

as for me...of course really heavy rain and it was at around 2am i had to ride at 25 mph on some of the coral roads cuz it was really pouring and i could barely see through my visor. not to mention it was F-in cold and drenched but i thought it was fun even if it was that slow...

Old 11-14-2006, 02:32 PM
Default RE: love the weather...?

I have a Jeep for weather that's too bad for the bike, but I rode in some really heavy fog one night. And by really heavy I mean 20 ft. of visibility. My face shield kept fogging up so I had to open it. Mist was just pelting me in the face. Good thing I only had to ride on a straight highway and not any twisty bits.

Old 11-14-2006, 04:42 PM

Ok seriously, everyone who has a jeep for those non-moto days come out and say whats up. I think every other person on this site has one except for all the people that have a retarted rice rocket. I have a 91 cherokee 4x4 with 250k miles on it and it runs like a champ.

Old 11-14-2006, 05:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't remember one particular "Worse" weather day, been caught out so many times, cept maybe being caught in a hail storm. But the pits for me used to be riding to work (a 60 mile trip) in winter on unfaired bike. pain from the cold as my fingers froze, used to get so bad. Thought my finger nails where being pulled out. (yeah I was wearing gloves) Did this trip for every week for nearly 10 years.
When I got to work, took about 10 minutes just to get all the bloody bike gear off. Walkng into work was like going into a furnace.
On the subject of commutting, I can't think of anything more disheartening than looking out the window just before knock off time and seeing the sky open and it start to **** down.

Old 11-14-2006, 05:08 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

ORIGINAL: CBRCorey
has one except for all the people that have a retarted rice rocket.
whats that supposed to mean ? you sayin just because i drive a fixed up acura it has to be a "retarted rice rocket"? there is a big difference between what ppl call "Rice" and a modified import. when ppl say **** like this(retarted rice rocket) it really pisses me off and makes me realize how many ppl are still very ignorant

Old 11-14-2006, 05:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't they call Jap bike "Rice Burners"? Cars don't do much for me anyway, just more room to put the shopping or cart my dog around, and be able to get home when I have inbibed to much "cheer" (my wife drives).

Old 11-14-2006, 06:26 PM

To keep this thread on topic, I also rode in heavy rain during the MSF course. I guess that doesn't count though because we never went over 20MPH, and it was in a parking lot.

On another note, my non-moto-day vehicle is a '95 Wrangler with 166K miles, and I think it needs a freshening up. It leaks oil from the rear main seal and the oil pan drain plug... it has a rattling valve too. Oil pressure is still good though so I might wait til spring to have the motor checked out. Oh, it also leaks fluid from the rear differential (about 2 drops per day).

Old 11-14-2006, 06:37 PM
Retired Moderator

I went riding one crisp morning at about 7 am. I planned about a 100 mile round trip. After about five minutes, I thought that parts of my body (chin, hands, etc) were going to break of in chunks...like an iceberg. I decided that I was just being a puss and to tough it out. I got half way through the ride and had to stop for breakfast...and LOTS of coffee. It warmed up and then the rest of the ride was comfortable. It would have helped to have cold weather/winter gear!

Old 11-14-2006, 07:36 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

i think id be most worried about riding in fog then anything else... i have yet to experience it but i know how it is in a car and it sucks !

Old 11-15-2006, 05:30 AM

again...this morning it was clear skys so i decided to ride up to a friends house, about a 30 min ride. i went to see his zx6r cuz a buddy of ours wrecked it. anywho...it was really sunny out and a hot day...and before i knew it...it was pouring again! F*** yup drove home all drenched again. went thru some puddles and i could see people in the cars behind me shake thier heads. haha i think they felt sorry for me...

Quick Reply: love the weather...?