Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Love Craigslist!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 09:54 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Love Craigslist!

I try to check Craigslist at least every day. Yesterday I checked and saw an ad for a 98 F3 complete bike, parting out - no frame/title/engine. Hmm...

So anyway, I igured I'd call the dude up and see what's up. Turns out he races 4 wheelers and wanted the engine for a Banshee he was rebuilding. His son, who has an F2, got first dibs on the frame and title for the bike (didn't want the plastci for some reason).

Anyway, I make him an offer on the rear plastic set, the black seat and the tailight assembly - $65. He said, "come get it."I'm on my way down and I realize that the 97-98's had that white face tach on the cluster... I want it. I offered him $15 for it and he gave it to me. It's mint condition - all of it. Perfect plastcis, perfect seat, perfect tach with just over 10K miles on it - amd the trip meter works!

Had a little trouble mounting the plastics - had to do some cutting on my trunk - I'm gonna call him today and see of I can get the trunk from him. Apparently after I had spoken with him some cat called and bought everything I didn't.

All in all a killer deal!

Old 04-16-2007, 10:02 AM
Default RE: Love Craigslist!

Great to hear!! We just sold a car on there in less then 20 mins. It is a wonder what the internet can do.

Old 04-16-2007, 11:31 AM

I love craigslist TOO!!!! i'm on it every 15 or so mins I'm so addicted. I used to Too buy and sell cars on there almost weekely then did the same with bikes for a while. Before finacing the 1krr....... it's like crack cocaine... but then you get retard on craigslist thinking there salvage title 99 gsxrs are worth like 6 grand.... idiots

Old 04-16-2007, 11:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah, you notice some people sell **** for far over its value. atleast they try to, they are also the same people listing their items twice a day cux they are not selling. momos.

Old 04-16-2007, 11:42 AM

it's how i bought the 2 bikes i have right now. when i sold my 900rr there was about a 3 hour layover from when i posted the ad to when i signed the title over, i agree it's an awesome website. i remember seeing something on the news saying that it gets an average of 20 million hits a day.

Old 04-16-2007, 09:33 PM

Name:  thumbup.gif
Views: 10
Size:  139 Bytespost some pics when you are done!!
signed "off topic" forumpopo Name:  sing.gif
Views: 10
Size:  2.2 KB

j/k-o8

Old 04-16-2007, 09:37 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

ORIGINAL: outsider8

post some pics when you are done!!
signed "off topic" forumpopo

j/k-o8
haha hella sneaky polizia i bet they really do **** like that too

Old 04-16-2007, 09:42 PM

CL rocks! I bought a Kayak from a buddy, it was his wifes, turns out I hated it, go figure it was a touring kayak for a woman, not a taller guy, so, bummed out, I see that this thing is going for 800 or so, I paid 300 for it with all the gear. Post it up on CL and had it sold for 700 in less than a day. My wife constantly re-does our house with newer furniture and such, I have sold so much **** off of CL its not funny, sold one of my F2's in a matter of minutes on that site.

Old 04-16-2007, 09:46 PM

ORIGINAL: HAVOC

ORIGINAL: outsider8

post some pics when you are done!!
signed "off topic" forumpopo

j/k-o8
haha hella sneaky polizia i bet they really do **** like that too

Old 04-16-2007, 10:50 PM

outsider, that little dog is hilarious. I have a boston terrior like that, and his horny a$$ found a stuffed penguin for his girlfriend!!! he would wear himself out then just lay over in the corner for an hour huffing and puffin. sick dog

Quick Reply: Love Craigslist!