CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Lotta Cop Stories lately..... (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/lotta-cop-stories-lately-140556/)

estate4life 07-25-2012 01:56 PM

nicely done....will he post video on utube?

Gormar9 07-25-2012 04:28 PM

Very impressive! I've never heard of track standing before. Learned something new. :)

TOWCTD 07-25-2012 04:52 PM

Way to show him.

zaqwert6 07-25-2012 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Michaud85 (Post 1179932)
so is a track stand where you just dont touch the ground but are completely stopped? Just takes some good old fashoined riding time to get good at?

Yea basically. It comes from bicycle racing really. It helps if you can use the crown in the road or break between an intersection , then you can like rock up and back down the 'hill' and keep it balanced a bit easier. Just kind of bounce it off the clutch and working the brakes.

The other way is mostly good balance but if you understand (its not that difficult) bike geometry (rake/trail) you can use the bars to re-balance the bike. It takes practice but its not terribly hard.

On a bicycle, I can do it indefinately. I can easily track stand the duration of a complete turn signal cycle. Kinda freaks out cars parked a light though. :)

zaqwert6 07-25-2012 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by estate4life (Post 1179988)
nicely done....will he post video on utube?

IDK, but he made sure to let me know that it was infact running.

GotDatEffFo 07-25-2012 10:08 PM

Yeah I can do track stands on a bicycle pretty good but I can't imagine going for 30+ seconds on a motorcycle.

You don't ride fixed gear by any chance do you?

thrasher572 07-27-2012 08:32 AM

Back in my instructing days I never lost a "slow race". When the race started I put my feet up and sat there until all but the last student put a foot down. Balance and slow speed control...
Good job with beating the ticket!

zaqwert6 07-27-2012 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by GotDatEffFo (Post 1180104)
Yeah I can do track stands on a bicycle pretty good but I can't imagine going for 30+ seconds on a motorcycle.

You don't ride fixed gear by any chance do you?

I almost always have had at least one fixie but now that you mention it, no. I currently do not actually have one now. I sold one about a year ago and never put another one together.

Track standing a fixie is almost cheating tho. :)

GotDatEffFo 07-27-2012 08:36 PM

lol Yeah it's super easy on a fixie. I've messed around on geared bikes a couple of times but I don't own any. Do you ride anything now?

zaqwert6 07-27-2012 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by GotDatEffFo (Post 1180550)
lol Yeah it's super easy on a fixie. I've messed around on geared bikes a couple of times but I don't own any. Do you ride anything now?

I ride mostly road bikes and ride almost daily.

I have a Trek Madone ('12 full carbon OCLV) as my daily and I have few other oldskoolers. Litespeed (Ti) , Colnago (Italian steel) and a Paramount (US Steel) from around the 80's. I have one MTB that hasn't seen to much use since I moved but it gets out every so often.