Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

looks like no RR for a bit

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 06:48 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: looks like no RR for a bit

It does sound like the wrong cover ..things can get put in the wrong boxes and sorry if this sounds a bit obvious but could what you are trying to attach it to be distorted ever so slightly from impact?? ..just throwing that out there ..

Jules

Old 10-24-2008, 06:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dude that sucks, i know what its like to have gotten the wrong part.....

so i was tryin to hook up a friend for some R6 parts from Vortex, well i ordered a right rearset and a right hand brake lever..... they sent me the right rear set and a right rearset brake lever arm , so i called them and payed again for them to send the right part, so i got the package, and again they f'd up, they sent a shorty clutch lever, opposite side of the bike, and did i say shorty anywhere, no.... so i payed up front again and finally they sent me the flippin hand brake lever.... so i just sent back the rear set brake lever arm and the shorty clutch lever.... it better get there cause i want my money back.

oh yea, i just feel ya on gettin the wrong part, not tha bein able to ride your own bike cause its my friends bike, not mine, so im still cruisin on my personal 600RR.... sucks dude, go easy on the f4i, dont wanna be in debt to anybody even if it is your g/f

Old 10-24-2008, 10:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: SpiritRR

I dont care what you say lol, its the wrong cover. If you ordered one for a 600RR, and they sent you, say, a 1000RR cover, they have to replace it. Check part numbers. The Carolina Cycle place has the right cover for $118...

And I swear to god the parts fiche shows engine cover gaskets...lol
lol Spirit, the site i bought it from shows no gasket, i'll link it in the A.M.....long night...too tired right now. thanks for the info on the other site, im also gonna check that out tomorrow! thanks brother!

Old 10-24-2008, 10:40 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Fwiw my clutch cover gets sealed with permatex too, no gasket.

Old 10-25-2008, 01:04 AM

Sorry to hear this Jaynd! .. I wonder what happened to not make it fit properly. Keep us posted with the progress.

Old 10-25-2008, 02:04 AM

i havent been able to ride at all for months and months now. ever since may. I cant wait to see how this whole "job" crap plays out so i can put a down payment on a new bike just in time for winter. I think im going to wait untill the green 09 comes out actually. and maybe pick up one of those. it all depends on where i work. once my shoulder heals im calling my uncle so i can go work in some mines in gillete wyoming. making almost 88k a year i guess.