Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

logical?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 09:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default logical?

so my broke *** was thinkin... im turning my f2 into a streetfighter/stunt bike. and im planning to get extended frame sliders and a 12 bar. i was wonderin if it is logical to get the 12 bar just so i wont loop my bike? cuz i mean i'd rather have my bike drop on the side than to loop over and smash the gastank and whatveer else is there.. lemme kno what u think!

Old 06-19-2009, 10:31 PM

It all depends on how serious you are about stunting. getting a 12 bar to do 12oclocks with is cool, but using the bar as a stop doesnt work. If you hit the bar with any force, you run the risk of a few things. If you hit the ground hard enough, the force of the hit to the ground rips your subframe off....or it hits the groungs and instantly sends the bike flipping to the side and the bike ends up flipping down the road anyway. 12 bars are meant to lightly hit the ground, not violently as if you over do a wheelie. Also, you will need to hit the 12 bar on its flat, if your off just a little, it can send the bike cartwheeling.

If your not planning on doing 12 o clocks, then I would bother getting a 12 bar. I'd start with getting a hand rear brake first so you can prevent ever going that far back in the first place.

Im not a stunter, but I have friends that do. this is just advice based on my observations.

Old 06-22-2009, 04:49 PM

+1. I watched a dude hit the 12 only slightly too hard, and the bike kept going and tipped backwards. In fact, a 12 bar INCREASES your potential of looping the bike, as it balances the left\right sway evenly, so all the kinetic energy is focused backwards. Lack of a 12 bar will cause your tail to slide out almost immediately, and the bike will land on it's side, *really ****ing hard.*

If you want to protect your bike while stunting, get a legit cage. They're cheap as hell compared to potential cost of even a short slide. Bear in mind nothing is going to prevent all damage, especially damage derived form a massive hit.

Last edited by johnnyx; 06-22-2009 at 04:56 PM.