Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

a little help?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 06:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a little help?

ok so i FINALY got a call from my claims adjuster today and they did not total my bike. my buddies shop wrote the estimate at $3,939 which would have w/o a doubt totaled it. the insurance co. is writting me a check for $2,3**. thats pretty damn for off of what my friend estimated the damage at.

what he was going to do was replace my upper, headlight, and front fender. on the estimate he had written that the forks, brakes, rotors (up front), left lower, tail, upper, headlight, front fender, body bolts....i may have left some stuff out....but anyways, i do not plan on replacing anything beyond upper, headlight, and front fender. the tail has a little line of rash on it, but i look at that like a scar...a memory and im not THAT concerned w/ replacing it if i could use the money to get aftermarket goodies.

i called the claims # today to dispute the amount and they told me the check had already been written and she would have to send an email to the claims guy that i wanted to dispute his amount. i went into detail telling her that my fairings alone would cost close to $1800 and i wanted this bike put back in the condition it was in before the ****ING deer. i told her how it was my daily driver and that this process has already taken to long. that if they check has already been sent to just leave it be....i dont feel like waiting around even longer for this ****....i just want the bike back. she informed me that if the claims person agrees that i should have gotten a bit more, then they will just issue me another check for the extra amount. im assuming this person that viewed my bike doesnt know ****.

well anyways, w/ my check i plan on replacing the essentials then using the rest for aftermarket goodies and i was curious what websites you guys use for THE best prices on items. i've stumbled on a few that are probably unbeatable but im sure some of you guys have found some dirt cheap prices.

i plan on getting the following (and here are the prices i found them for)......

Vortex rearsets - $315
Clear DB windscreen - $69
Clear integrated taillight - $100
Pazzo shorty levers - $175
Shogun swingarm spools - $24
Pimpbike undertail (keeping stock tailight) - $100 unpainted
Rizoma front signals......no price as of yet.

any help? i dying not having this bike! i hope it gets fixed asap!

Old 05-29-2008, 06:18 PM
Default RE: a little help?

****! i just realized im on my g/f's laptop hahahahaa. soooo, uh yeah........this is jaynd by the way. red/white F4i.....

Old 05-29-2008, 06:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there we go, now thats a little better

Old 05-29-2008, 07:29 PM

If you cash that check you are agreeing to their settlement unless there is a letter from them stating it is only a partial amount, so if you are pissed don't cash it. If you have to, allow another dealer to make an estimate for proof. The insurance company will have no choice but to up the offer.

Good luck getting the bike up and running again.

Old 05-29-2008, 07:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well they told me i am able to cash the first check and that if the claims adjuster agrees that i was lowballed they will issue me a check for the extra amount. i told her, and i will tell the claims adjuster the same....i need to cash the initial check b/c the bike is my daily driver and this **** has been taking long enough. i need my main transportaion back so i need to cash the 1st check and begin fixing the bike. if i dont get more $, then so be it. but they sure as hell went way under my friends estimate!

we'll see. im supposed to find out tomorrow if i'll be able to get more $, then the claims adjuster may have to go back out to view it again.

Old 05-29-2008, 09:56 PM
July 2008 ROTM

http://www.hondaparts-direct.com is great for stock parts. Hands down beat any local Honda places around here.