Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Liter bikes...

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 04:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Liter bikes...

So today I parted ways with my '05 600RR and got a '06 1000RR with a Yoshi full exhaust system and a power commander for 8 grand at one of the stealerships. I had to ride it home with a brand new back tire and in 44 degree weather so I was very careful in the way I used my throttle. So far, I am in love with the bike and it handles like it's on rails. Plus, the Yoshi is loud but I will not see high RPM'S until the rear tire is broken in properly. Today was a good day. I planned on upgrading next year but I really liked this bike so I went ahead and took it. You live once...

Old 11-10-2007, 04:26 PM
Default RE: Liter bikes...

Nice goodluck with it and ride safe. Got any pics ?

Old 11-10-2007, 04:37 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

awesome! glad to hear you got what you wanted outta the deal. as said above......post some pics when you get the chance (old bike AND new bike!). i've always wanted to take a 1K for a ride, just too see what im "missing out on", always been curious.

good luck w/ the new wheels, have a blast, ride safe!

Old 11-10-2007, 04:59 PM

I'll post some pics once I get a chance to take a few. So far, the power seems managable if you're smart about it and it doesn't feel much different than my old 600RR, although it does sit a little higher. More stable all-around than the smaller bike since it has the damper, which I don't mind at all. It's just that I have to take it easy since it's colder outside and the rear tire is brand new. If you get a chance to ride a liter bike, by all means do it, especially the 1000RR because it's easy to ride and tame in the lower rpm's. There is a beast waiting in this bike, which I have yet to explore. Next season will be good. Overall, for the streets I appreciate the extra ponies. I can see where this or any other liter will get someone in trouble really quickly. It takes discipline...

Old 11-10-2007, 06:27 PM

ORIGINAL: McCone33
You live once...
Famous last words from newbie litre bike owners. Becareful, good luck, and enjoy homey!!!

Old 11-10-2007, 07:17 PM

congrats man. now ditch the stock 190/50 rear, and put on a 190/55. its a whole nother world with a 55 series rear on there.

Old 11-10-2007, 07:40 PM

I might put the wider tire on after I go through what's on there now. Famous last words, huh? Well, I've been riding for about four years without a single wreck so I think I'm pretty good at judging my own abilities. Is the bike scary? Not at all. I think having too much fear is worse than having no fear at all. A liter bike will only go fast if you turn the throttle and right now, I'm just getting the feel for it, with a new tire on the rear, in cold weather. Which means I'm riding it like a cruiser until the tire is good and ready to take a little more abuse. Lets just hope the snows don't come for another month or so. Having that machine and not being able to ride it will be torture akin to having your nails pulled.

Old 11-12-2007, 01:21 AM

Enjoy!. The beast doesnt't happen until over 5k rpm. Then be careful. There is not one time that i take my 06 1k out without the front whell coming off the ground.

Old 11-12-2007, 06:11 AM
Banned

The 1000 is scary fast, rode my buddy's a few times. Congrats on the bike, hopefully you will get some warm weather to enjoy it.

Old 11-12-2007, 09:11 AM

Sounds like a sweet *** bike. Take some sand paper to that new tire and it will help it brake in faster and not really cut any lift off it. I know about cold tires and raods. I had my F4 out on Saturday and even after the tires were warm I could not clutch it up in second with out the tire spinning.

Ride safe and enjoy that monster. Oh and post pix.

Quick Reply: Liter bikes...