Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Listening to music while riding....

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007 | 08:55 AM
Default RE: Listening to music while riding....

ORIGINAL: AudiCBR

the phillips noise canceling from walmart never fall out of your ears with a helmet and they rock....there like $27 and they even come with bigger rubber grommets to form fit your ear canal....how the hell do they even spot headphones lol????.....how do you guys have these problems lol
I got pulled over for speeding. When I took my helmet off, my ear buds stayed in and obviously the officer saw them.

Old 07-27-2007 | 09:10 AM

I listen to music on longer rides, too. I love some techno or other upbeat tunes when i'm out on the highway.

I use a 3gb Sansa Express, though, not an iPod, strictly because i hate iTunes. $1 a song, you've got to be kidding me. I subscribe to Yahoo Music and its like $50 a year for unlimited downloads, i've had it for a year or so and have 1000s of songs, i couldnt imagine paying for all of them. iPods can ONLY use iTines, proprietary crap like that pisses me off. Screw you Apple, the Sansa is a much better portable player and like a iPod Shuffle, but more advanced.

The only headphones that dont pop out of my ear, though, are buds that have a little foam cover. If it is all plastic or even rubber, they fall out. The foam is the shiznit.

Old 07-27-2007 | 10:27 AM

flip,

ipods dont require you to pay for songs.....i have 6,000 songs from the past and present and have purchased none of them through itunes. i get them through other venue's or through ripping my CD's

Old 07-27-2007 | 11:14 AM

Well, i dont want to steal music anymore either. We all did it in the early 2000's, so i do have a couple thousand songs from that era, too. So, yes, iTunes is the only legal music service for iPods. Apple does NOT allow it to work with Rapsody, Napster, Yahoo, Connect, or any other SUBSCRIPTION based music service.

Old 07-27-2007 | 11:37 AM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

I would listen on longer rides, but I can't get any of those f_ckin' ear buds to stay in my ears when I put on my helmet. What I really want is a blue tooth set up...if they make it. Imagine how cool it would be to plug ina blue tooth "hootygobber" to your MP3 and have it send the signal to some speakers mounted in your helmet...is someone already doing this? I want to know...they have probably already had it in Japan for years. Anyway...I think it isrelatively safe to do, because you can still hear traffic.
http://www.bluetomorrow.com/content/section/140/242/

http://www.motorola.com/mediacenter/...d=4666_3990_23

http://www.diseno-art.com/encycloped...et_design.html

Those links were the best I could do. I saw an ad awhile back but dont remember which mag. is was. I always wear the headphones no matter how short or long the drive is.

Old 07-27-2007 | 07:15 PM
|

Thanks gents, the lack of flamin is a surprise. To hell with payin for tunes, not happenin on my watch. I was told you can tranfer any mp3 to your iPod regardless of iTunes policy. I'm on the market for an iPod nano. Thanks for the words. Keep them comin.

Old 07-27-2007 | 07:50 PM
Registered Users

you can easily transfer regular mp3s to an ipod....i have 5,000 songs...none of which bought on itunes....all of which play on my ipod......

Old 07-27-2007 | 09:24 PM

If there's a state that says its illegal for a motorcycles to not be able to listen music than thats just stupid. There's people in cages (some you cant even hear outside with no radio on) blarring their music and thumpin their 12's and not paying attention.

I turn the volume down when in town but on the highway its up high. I can still hear well and a horn is always louder than my speakers.

Old 08-26-2007 | 03:32 PM

I would listen on longer rides, but I can't get any of those f_ckin' ear buds to stay in my ears when I put on my helmet. What I really want is a blue tooth set up...if they make it. Imagine how cool it would be to plug ina blue tooth "hootygobber" to your MP3 and have it send the signal to some speakers mounted in your helmet...is someone already doing this? I want to know...they have probably already had it in Japan for years. Anyway...I think it isrelatively safe to do, because you can still hear traffic.

Chatterbox makes a blue tooth headset, its pretty pricey though, couple hunder bucks. Now a days a lot of cell phones have the ability to play mp3's so that would be the set up you are looking for. I'm sure if you did a little research you could find a bluetooth transmitter that would also work with that headset.

Old 08-26-2007 | 03:34 PM

Love it on long rides.

Quick Reply: Listening to music while riding....